• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

I removed my listing for sale.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listing removed. Hard to sell something with negative comments. Wouldn’t have expected this from vmax guys.

Last edited:
Cobra slip ons....I think you will have to pay someone to get rid of those I think.
i don't think so
i put this on my bike like the way they look and sound
and don't fell the power loss people talking
and yes i pull the beast strong...

Attachments

• IMG_1351.jpeg
    IMG_1351.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 35
i don't think so
i put this on my bike like the way they look and sound
and don't fell the power loss people talking
and yes i pull the beast strong...

I guess he got the brass ring.

can't cobras be modified in front of the 'silencer' ends to make a scavenging system or to just join them

They are just slip ons. Bolt right up to the factory exhaust when mufflers are removed. Some people don’t like them and felt the need to leave negative comments so I removed the listing. When you’re selling something I wouldn’t think a vmax rider would go out of their way to basically call what your selling shit. It’s not the kind of respect I’ve earned. If you have nothing nice to say, then you should keep your mouth shut. Just the way I was raised

I was just thinking of a way to make doubters like them, I like them but I have LASER cans on mine, they might be rubbish too 🤨

The exhaust is gorgeous. Looks new. It’s just known to reduce power. I’ve never even a dyno number, but I’ve heard it reduces power. But it looks cool and sounds good. It’s listed other places and I sell a lot of parts. It will sell. I find it very disrespectful if someone posts something to sell, and then a couple people come on and talk trash about it. Misleading or fraudulently representing something and getting called out on it is one thing. But to post a pic and dollar amount followed by negative comments is just childish. I have many vmax brothers that can attest to my integrity.

Restore the listing, if you want to reach VMax potential customers. No one has accused you of lying about anything. I think that as a comment about the effect the Cobras have on performance, it's justified if someone chooses to make a statement about its deleterious effect on performance.

Some people just like their appearance, I've commented that they are an attractive design, four pipes reinforce the V4's design. However, someone who doesn't know about the loss of horsepower they cause over an OEM system would probably feel very-disappointed in the way they perform.

One member's comment about 'paying someone to take those' has evidently hit a sore-spot with you, but he didn't say that you were dishonest, or trying to cheat anyone. It was the other comment about another member saying those pipes on his bike are OK, and that he doesn't "fell (sic) the power loss" that caused me to observe that the topic of Cobras costing horsepower over a stock bike looked like it was going to spark a new resurgence in Cobra deniers' comments, that they don't think there's a loss of performance. Until those people ride a stock bike back-to-back against theirs, they'll never-know. They look pretty, but they hinder OEM performance. You made no-claim about "gain 20 RWHP with this hot exhaust!" You don't need to feel like anyone's personally-maligning you, in my opinion. I do believe that despite the loss in performance, priced "to-move," they would sell. A drop in price would probably help them move to another customer who isn't as-concerned with the loss of horsepower, as they are being able to pull-into their local biker's hangout, and to point proudly at those pipes, and exclaim, "yep, four cylinders, DOHC, I can barely-keep the front wheel on the pavement!"

People of a certain age will recall the C3 Corvette body kits, designed with huge fender flares, maybe a custom nose, and a rear cap, don't forget the stacked-up hood, with a Grumpy Jenkins-style box for a multiple carburetor setup, or whatever-other bodywork 'enhancements' people though were just-what they needed. Add all-that additional bodywork on a stock Corvette, and you substantially added-to the car's weight, hurting the HP compared to a stock C3. However, the manufacturers of the bodywork kits sold like hotcakes, because people valued style over performance. My take on the Cobras is, in the case of the VMax, the 4 into 4 Cobras are that-sort of a cosmetic enhancement. Priced properly, someone is gonna buy 'em.

Last edited:
Priced properly, someone is gonna buy 'em.

I personally dont like ANY cobra product. Especially on HDs

Does that mean I wouldnt buy a bike WITH Cobra products? NO

I would simply deduct the cost it would take to replace them and that would be my offer.

No need to bash them the damn things are already ON there, make a reasonable offer and see how it goes, that's my .02

can't cobras be modified in front of the 'silencer' ends to make a scavenging system or to just join them
There is a mod a guy made a long video on. I can't recall the name but his accent was Ukrainian or along those lines.

I can't speak to any performance gain and he really doesn't either, but man his mod makes them sound a lot better.

It involved hole saw kit, hole drill kit and all that jazz but in the video he lays out exactly what you need and what he did.

Edit to add: Here it is

There is always a market for the Cobra pipes. Lots of guys dig the looks.
Yup, that was my point. Your bike and you do whatever makes your bike better for you. Poolio should have no-problem selling those Cobra 4-into-4's at a price designed to sell. A quick perusal of ebay showed the lowest price I saw at $515, shipped, so at roughly half-price, and minimal use, with little in the way of blemishes, the starting price asked-for is reasonable. Should someone 'make an offer,' I suspect the seller may decide to take the $/run, which decision is up to him, of-course.

That's the shame of it all: I think they're the best looking pipe you can put on a Vmax. I've never seen anything that looked as good.

Restore the listing, if you want to reach VMax potential customers. No one has accused you of lying about anything. I think that as a comment about the effect the Cobras have on performance, it's justified if someone chooses to make a statement about its deleterious effect on performance.

Some people just like their appearance, I've commented that they are an attractive design, four pipes reinforce the V4's design. However, someone who doesn't know about the loss of horsepower they cause over an OEM system would probably feel very-disappointed in the way they perform.

One member's comment about 'paying someone to take those' has evidently hit a sore-spot with you, but he didn't say that you were dishonest, or trying to cheat anyone. It was the other comment about another member saying those pipes on his bike are OK, and that he doesn't "fell (sic) the power loss" that caused me to observe that the topic of Cobras costing horsepower over a stock bike looked like it was going to spark a new resurgence in Cobra deniers' comments, that they don't think there's a loss of performance. Until those people ride a stock bike back-to-back against theirs, they'll never-know. They look pretty, but they hinder OEM performance. You made no-claim about "gain 20 RWHP with this hot exhaust!" You don't need to feel like anyone's personally-maligning you, in my opinion. I do believe that despite the loss in performance, priced "to-move," they would sell. A drop in price would probably help them move to another customer who isn't as-concerned with the loss of horsepower, as they are being able to pull-into their local biker's hangout, and to point proudly at those pipes, and exclaim, "yep, four cylinders, DOHC, I can barely-keep the front wheel on the pavement!"

People of a certain age will recall the C3 Corvette body kits, designed with huge fender flares, maybe a custom nose, and a rear cap, don't forget the stacked-up hood, with a Grumpy Jenkins-style box for a multiple carburetor setup, or whatever-other bodywork 'enhancements' people though were just-what they needed. Add all-that additional bodywork on a stock Corvette, and you substantially added-to the car's weight, hurting the HP compared to a stock C3. However, the manufacturers of the bodywork kits sold like hotcakes, because people valued style over performance. My take on the Cobras is, in the case of the VMax, the 4 into 4 Cobras are that-sort of a cosmetic enhancement. Priced properly, someone is gonna buy 'em.
My dad had the cobras on his for years before he bought a Gen 2. I bought four different Vmax is trying to out run him in that bike with the cobra exhaust would smoke every single one of them. Real life. Not reading some misleading BS.

My dad had the cobras on his for years before he bought a Gen 2. I bought four different Vmax is trying to out run him in that bike with the cobra exhaust would smoke every single one of them. Real life. Not reading some misleading BS.
Craig Huckeby: "Not reading some misleading BS."
I'm not-sure where that-strong a remark came-from. While your anecdotal evidence is valid in your experience, the people on-here who have access to dynos or who have run their bikes on dynos, the preponderance of the evidence, is the Cobra 4-into-4 is not going to make the same as a stock VMax on the dyno. A back-to-back comparison would set the bar: a stock exhaust VMax, install a Cobra and run the same bike, which I believe is what our champion of modified VMaxes has done, and that would-be Sean Morley. Sean has posted his results time and again.

How-big a spray was the NOS on your dad's bike?

VMax NOS.jpgVMax NOS 1500 cc.jpg

The commonly found RWHP value for the 145-BHP at the crankshaft VMax is 108-112 so if you had four VMaxes, I suspect stock, they would probably fall-into that range, and it is probably the more-experienced rider who emerges victorious. I've ridden two Cobra 4-into-4-equipped bikes, and both were flat in the midrange, and the VBoost was nothing like my stock-internally bike. I didn't trust either of the guys whose Cobra-equipped bike I rode to ride mine, so I didn't reciprocate, allowing them to try a non-Cobra-equipped bike. One, the guy was a novice rider whose experience was a Honda 750 Shadow, making the jump-to a VMax, and he wanted me to test-ride it for him. The bike was owned by someone I've known for 30+ years who runs an independent bike shop, he ships bikes all-over the world, it was a consignment bike. I did ride it, and my report to the prospective buyer was, "it has no operational deficiencies, other-than the (*%$#! Cobra 4-into-4's affecting its RWHP and the VBoost, compared-to a stock VMax!" He said that he'd read for years about the VMax, he really wanted to-try one, and that he really-admired the style of the Cobra 4-into-4's. "Buy it," I said, "and if you want to find-out what the true VMax experience is, shit-can the Cobras and either install a full aftermarket exhaust and a jet kit, or just install a OEM exhaust, and see for yourself the difference that Cobra makes, not in a good way."

The other guy had a bike that didn't appear to be well maintained, it was weathered, if it had low clutch or front brake reservoir levels, or bald tires, spongy brakes, or a clutch pulling too-far-back before releasing, I wouldn't have ridden it. The bike was another example of the Cobra non-performance, and I told him the same thing: "you want a VMax experience, return it to-stock!"

The highest RWHP reading I recall in magazines was in one of the big three from the 1980's, and the bike made 119 RWHP, something of a statistical outlier compared to what was achieved in other period tests.

I'm not-doubting what you say happened, I chalk it up to experience and skill. And that NOS ;)

Last edited:
Some other bikes ( that are not into all out performance ) look and sound good with them on. My Royal Star " Speedstar " happens to be one of them IMHO.

Attachments

• # 2 Group Chip 1149.jpg
    # 2 Group Chip 1149.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 13
Craig Huckeby: "Not reading some misleading BS."
I'm not-sure where that-strong a remark came-from. While your anecdotal evidence is valid in your experience, the people on-here who have access to dynos or who have run their bikes on dynos, the preponderance of the evidence, is the Cobra 4-into-4 is not going to make the same as a stock VMax on the dyno. A back-to-back comparison would set the bar: a stock exhaust VMax, install a Cobra and run the same bike, which I believe is what our champion of modified VMaxes has done, and that would-be Sean Morley. Sean has posted his results time and again.

How-big a spray was the NOS on your dad's bike?

View attachment 73628View attachment 73629

The commonly found RWHP value for the 145-BHP at the crankshaft VMax is 108-112 so if you had four VMaxes, I suspect stock, they would probably fall-into that range, and it is probably the more-experienced rider who emerges victorious. I've ridden two Cobra 4-into-4-equipped bikes, and both were flat in the midrange, and the VBoost was nothing like my stock-internally bike. I didn't trust either of the guys whose Cobra-equipped bike I rode to ride mine, so I didn't reciprocate, allowing them to try a non-Cobra-equipped bike. One, the guy was a novice rider whose experience was a Honda 750 Shadow, making the jump-to a VMax, and he wanted me to test-ride it for him. The bike was owned by someone I've known for 30+ years who runs an independent bike shop, he ships bikes all-over the world, it was a consignment bike. I did ride it, and my report to the prospective buyer was, "it has no operational deficiencies, other-than the (*%$#! Cobra 4-into-4's affecting its RWHP and the VBoost, compared-to a stock VMax!" He said that he'd read for years about the VMax, he really wanted to-try one, and that he really-admired the style of the Cobra 4-into-4's. "Buy it," I said, "and if you want to find-out what the true VMax experience is, shit-can the Cobras and either install a full aftermarket exhaust and a jet kit, or just install a OEM exhaust, and see for yourself the difference that Cobra makes, not in a good way."

The other guy had a bike that didn't appear to be well maintained, it was weathered, if it had low clutch or front brake reservoir levels, or bald tires, spongy brakes, or a clutch pulling too-far-back before releasing, I wouldn't have ridden it. The bike was another example of the Cobra non-performance, and I told him the same thing: "you want a VMax experience, return it to-stock!"

The highest RWHP reading I recall in magazines was in one of the big three from the 1980's, and the bike made 119 RWHP, something of a statistical outlier compared to what was achieved in other period tests.

I'm not-doubting what you say happened, I chalk it up to experience and skill. And that NOS ;)
The first thing you need to learn is not to talk down to me. I have more experience on motorcycles and Vmaxs than you have ever had in all your years, we have a Diyno trailer we have had many many Turbo bikes. It’s called Huckeby racing. You have no clue What you’re talking about. What you’re doing is talking out your ass. When you learn to talk respectfully to someone then you’re allowed to talk to me again. Now move along a little snowflake and talk to someone that will take your shit.

Attachments

• 1000F3F4-41AC-45CC-9BAF-9EE13AD2879E.jpeg
    1000F3F4-41AC-45CC-9BAF-9EE13AD2879E.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 26
  • 6FF00D63-80A1-44FC-9164-FFB4DD0F5F30.jpeg
    6FF00D63-80A1-44FC-9164-FFB4DD0F5F30.jpeg
    334.7 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back