• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

I removed my listing for sale.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, he did a lot of things on stage. One of a kind. Saw him in Boston once.

And to bring this wide-ranging thread back into focus, hope the OP successfully sells that motorcycle.

Just to add at the end of the conversation I worked for Shlumberger for a few years and love love ur country, bought a ford explorer and spent time in louisiana, new york, jersey, waltons mountain, texas, Arizona, winslow( although got sick of the eagles playing all the time ) went to grand view a few times, uta, nevada, las vegas, but most of all I went down Padre island and loved every second. My evaluation of the best sites in the world are Grand Canyons then second Cape Wrath in Scotland. Applied for green card lotery but nothing yet. How do u get into this amazing country of yours and get out the rain.

3, 4, 5 HP on 140 HP is 3-1/2 % at most and even if you find 10 HP even that's only 7 %. The butt dyno doesn't have that much resolution, not even counting the fact that the comparison's are usually on different days with different temp, humidity, wind, even road locations. (Do we time them or use the exact same secion of road to test top speed in eveery gear ?) The only way to know is with trusted dyno comparisons with corrected numbers. Even some mfr dyno stuff might be misleading.

The Cobra's struggle with even getting to 100hp (see attached sheet). While stock makes 110-112. This same bike with the dyno at 96 had a change to a full header but was crashed before we were able to get it back on a dyno for the before/after comparison. The dyno sheet with the Cobra's show we took a few runs to get the tuning as close to ideal as we could to give it the "fair" comparison. This same bike was one of my good friends and we had a lot of different systems on it through the years (same bike pictured)

And I do have a CBX (Along with some other old bikes) That I am planning to sell.

Attachments

• Bush Cobra's.JPG
    Bush Cobra's.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 15
  • P1014049.JPG
    P1014049.JPG
    334.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Steves Green Max.jpg
    Steves Green Max.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20140614_091445_488.jpg
    IMG_20140614_091445_488.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG953240.jpg
    IMG953240.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 13B.jpg
    13B.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 17
How do u get into this amazing country of yours
What about the allowances for skilled workers in short-supply?

About The Mothers of Invention, and Frank Zappa: they were among the greatest iconoclasts of the day, beginning in the 1960's. Zappa was a trained classical pianist, and he wrote the scores for every instrument in his compositions. His lyrics were sometimes controversial, (Dynamo Hum) but they usually poked-fun at society. He was a promoter of other artists, one of whom I also saw with him was Don Van Vliet (Captain Beefheart).

trout mask replica Captain Beefheart.jpg

Famous musicians who worked with Frank Zappa include Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, and Alice Cooper, Alice Cooper the band was signed by Zappa to their first record contract, three albums, before Vince Furnier adopted Alice Cooper as his stage name. There were many others.

Frank Zappa famously confronted Al Gore's wife Tipper, over freedom of speech, and addressed the US Congress on the matter. The recording of the hearing is a great example of Zappa's wit and of his commitment to the First Amendment.

I have a lot of vinyl of Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, including his US Congress testimony.

Last edited:
I also have a lot of Zappa vinyl. Probably 30 or so. (Or roughly half of what he recorded.)

His was a brilliant mind. I enjoyed his congressional testimony and you’ve tempted me to go review it!

I find the original exhausts on the VMax Gen1 the nicest looking of all. I don't focus on increasing the power and just spent about a week patching my originals with many pop rivets and plates, and quite allot of exhaust paste. The first time i seen a VMax Gen 1 was way back when they first came out, i drove past it and thought ‘what an ugly bike’ i then spent all day thinking about that bike and decided its ‘so ugly that it has now become beautiful’. I’ve used that line a few times for different things 👿 but the VMax Gen 1 in original form is the most beautiful bike i’ve seen in my life. Hence the closeness of Trigger and I.

I'm drinking a bit, but I found this so funny; I had to read it twice. That's the vmax. It just draws you in. I wish it was an American bike. These days, doesn't mean as much as it used to.

It would be great if this jerk CH could be 86'd and blocked from the forum and every one of his posts purged. SEVERE anger issues with this guy, glad I'm not anywhere near his world.
You mean because I don’t take any crap??

Let's put this thing to bed. Negativity sucks, and on such a cool forum.not needed. My opinion
It was put to bed. I had decided not to spar with these idiots anymore until everybody started running their mouth again. Block me if you can. LOL

It was put to bed. I had decided not to spar with these idiots anymore until everybody started running their mouth again. Block me if you can. LOL
Then why are you here now crying like a bitch when nobody had mentioned you. We had all moved on to Frank Zappa.

But here you are again with your bullshit.

Grow the hell up man. Get some mental help.

Typical internet troll. Cocky in anonymity, but at a local bar for instance, guys like this either don't show up or don't speak up. Different story. When and if they do, you see them on the floor under tables or on the pavement in parking lots all the time.

Probably poorly endowed (in a number of ways) with a frustrated wife and mad at the world about it.

While I understand the desire to criticize the guy, I'm trying not to encourage him in any-way. Perhaps if we just continue to enjoy our communal interest in our bikes and other incidental topics as present themselves, we can leave this controversy in the past. Please, let's not say anything to promote his vituperation and attack-mentality. It may-not be-over, but I'm hoping to put this debacle into the past. That's my chosen action; I'm not looking to give anyone a reaction. That's keyboard food for a troll. Next! (topic of VMax interest)

Pullease.

You wound the joker up and engaged him on no fewer than five posts and now you’re backing down? Hell, it’s just now getting fun. The guy can barely employ words with more than two syllables, backs nothing up with empirical evidence, spews bile, and has so far and mercifully, not bled his poison into adjacent threads. Maybe this poor lost topic can be the vehicle that allows him to burn himself out.

Or our moderators, if there are any, could simply lock him out.

I spent as-much time as I was willing to refute the attack, I've declared victory, and am planning the continuation of positive things VMax.

Back