I should have know better, looking for a mirror now

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
We'll being it wasn't raining and running late for a meeting thought i'd take the vmax out. So like always push it out and start it up but like i said being late instead of putting my piece of wood under the stand, thought well just be a sec to put on the jacket and helmet, well you can guess what happened when i turned my back, it fell over, the sound broke my heart and i turned around to see it passed out on its side just inchs from my truck :damn angry:. Picked it up and it started fine, broke the left mirror lucky not the clutch slave and scratches on the pipes and little tweak on the clutch handle. dont think i can feel any more stupid at the moment :bang head:. Im glad i have the bar ends and engine guards cause seem to save it a little. Real disappointed in myself but guess its done with and nothing i can do.

So I am looking for a left hand mirror if any of you have and extra one you want to get ride off. if you got a magic potion to make the feeling go away i'll take two of those also

Last edited:
So wait...why did you need a block of wood?

Sorry about the drop...it's always frustrating when crap like that happens

That sucks bub......

should still bre ridable though right???:confused2:

So go for a ride:punk:

ya nothing really wreck but cosmetics. its a small gravel driveway so usually i use a small piece of 1/2 plywood so the stand doesnt dig into the gravel/sand driveway. but with all the rain the last 4 days or soo it made the ground a little looser.

Sorry to hear this, the sound is a real stomach turner isn't it!! :bang head:

Ya think a few slabs of Canton, NY pizza might help? :punk:

yup gonna have to use slices of pizza to makes things better....lol

I did a simular thing many moon ago. After a " TGIF" DRINK FEST I some how got home and got off the bike to open the garage door----With out putting down the kick stand!!
You be it fell over on the left side. I got sooooooooo angry at my drunken stupidity that when I lifted the bike up it fliped over onto its right side. Yep both mirrors and both levers.

That incidend stopped me from ever drinking and driving. It's been 37 years.

the only thing i lucked out on is the left mirror was the one with a few scratches on the back, usually you wreck the wrong on.

A FEW YEARS AGO I WAS BACKING MY SNOWMOBILE OUT OF THE GARAGE AND THE SKI LOOP HIT THE FOOTPEG OF MY VERY CLEAN CB1000C....IT FELL OVER ON TO MY BRAND NEW YAMAHA GENERATOR....GENERATOR WAS FINE THE BIKE LANDED ON THE GENERATOR'S FRAME BUT THE BIKE HAD A BADLY DAMAGED ORIGINAL GAS TANK AND BROKE THE FRONT BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER AND LEVER ASSEMBLY....I ENDED UP HAVING TO REPLACE THE BRAKE ASSEMBLY WITH AFTERMARKET AFTER A FRUITLESS SEARCH FOR AN ORIGINAL AND A LOCAL BIKE SHOP HAD ANOTHER TANK THAT HAD ORIGINAL BUT BADLY FADED PAINT....

I AM NOT SURE BUT I THINK I SHED A TEAR WHEN THAT BIKE FELL OVER....IT WAS PROBABLY THE CLEANEST 1983 CB1000C IN CANADA UNTIL THAT HAPPENED.....LOVE THAT BIKE

MY SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM? SOLD THE F*N SNOWMOBILE FOR CHEAP !!! :biglaugh:

YOU ARE NOT ALONE MY FRIEND I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL

it was just like it was pushed over cause i usually pay attention when setting the stand down on anything but firm level ground, you know set the stand pull the bike a little to make sure it wont shift but this must have been another sign to tell me not to ride that morning. after lifting it up and started it, brush off the dust and hide my shame under the helmet i was going to leave with it but the fuel light came on and not begin close enough to the gas station and no time to put any in im sure it was a sign not to go driving.

It sucks, been there,done that, Xmas time my bike toppled over.
I was so pissed, I was lost for words. Anyway I turned a negative into a positive
by replacing everything that was damaged with new stuff and bought a bunch of other upgrades that I had long thought about doing.
It hurt my wallet but the smile returned when I put the new parts on.

It sucks, been there,done that, Xmas time my bike toppled over.
I was so pissed, I was lost for words. Anyway I turned a negative into a positive
by replacing everything that was damaged with new stuff and bought a bunch of other upgrades that I had long thought about doing.
It hurt my wallet but the smile returned when I put the new parts on.

i hear ya, was looking at ebay for new mirrors and found some that are a little smaller, not sure if i want them smaller or not, but they are 20 bucks and then 20 for shipping so im still looking around. Dont got much to spend, just made a deal on another vmax about two days ago. the wallet has been flipped inside out already

i hear ya, was looking at ebay for new mirrors and found some that are a little smaller, not sure if i want them smaller or not, but they are 20 bucks and then 20 for shipping so im still looking around. Dont got much to spend, just made a deal on another vmax about two days ago. the wallet has been flipped inside out already

I've got the 2 stock mirrors off my max. I don't know what the shipping would be from Canada, but I'm an option if you need them, or just one.

I've got the 2 stock mirrors off my max. I don't know what the shipping would be from Canada, but I'm an option if you need them, or just one.

hey that would be great, how much you looking for them? or one? i got a brother in MA, so could always ship to his place if its too much to ship here

hey that would be great, how much you looking for them? or one? i got a brother in MA, so could always ship to his place if its too much to ship here

Aren't you both in Canada????:ummm:

Man, I musta had a brain fart when I posted that!! DOH!

PM me your mailing address and I'll get them off to you! I'll send you both as I'll never use them again, can't see past my shoulders with them so I went to bar ends.

i was wondering, but i wasn't gonna say anything!

Latest posts

Back