I think Sean Morley saved my life today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmcandrew

Reaction score
Need to give a shout-out to Sean...I was looking to do a break upgrade couple months ago via the forum and Sean chimned in with a suggestion of YZF 6 pots. He said he had a good used set and that they would work "very well" with the rest of my stock braking system. At the time I thought they were pricey, but not after this morning's ride into work. I needed to test those 6 potters and Sean's knowledge when a car in front of me decided to stop right NOW:confused2:. I know with the stock 4 pots I'd be looking at the pearly gates...the YZF calipers, when grabbed hard, brought the Max to a quick & controlled stop...very impressed considering we were going about 50mph!! Thanks Sean for "selling" me exactly what I needed...when I get home I'll be giving my 3 year old boy an extra big hug!!:eusa_dance:

Hey Andrew..i'm coming up to NH in about another week..let me know if you want to do some riding.

Davidson...I was at Laconia last Friday any only saw one other Vmax...not many in my neck of the woods. If you want to hook up that'd be great...not sure what part of NH you are visiting, but I live in the Manchester area...

Is there an adapter for them for 93 and up forks?? I want 6 pots on mine.. I wanted visa but I guess there's nothing out for 93 and up forks.. glad ur safe!

Donnelly317, the YZF calipers are a direct bolt-on for 93 & up...they are hard to find and expensive when you do find them. I think Sean mentioned he had a couple pairs when I got mine from him...the ones he sent me were in excellent condition!

Davidson...I was at Laconia last Friday any only saw one other Vmax...not many in my neck of the woods. If you want to hook up that'd be great...not sure what part of NH you are visiting, but I live in the Manchester area...

I'll be staying in the Melvin Bay area

fmcandrew, so glad you're ok! I got bit by the weak ass stock brakes a couple of weeks ago and am lucky to be here. Car turned in front of me on a corner. I was going about 55 or so. The car stopped it's turn before hitting me, but I couldn't grab enough front brake to get stopped and hit the curb. I was wearing a good helmet and jacket so my hands took the brunt of it. It could have been a lot worse though. Upgrading the front brakes is a must before I get back on this beast again and I'm adding it to my shopping list to Sean. :)

My next-door neighbor here in FL is from Manchester, and coincidentally he is a retired Manchester fire captain. We talk shop sometimes.

Glad your upgrade worked well. One sure thing, Sean is gonna give you good parts, not like the crapshoot ebay can be.

I have FZR1000 4-piston brakes I put on my 1993+ front end of my 1992 bike & am very happy w/the action. I haven't even bothered to install the blue spots I got from Kyle because I am OK w/them the way they turned out.

The blue spots would be less lever travel so a harder feel. But the braking power would actually be reduced. We have a new setup we should be debuing soon that some might consider overkill!!

It's going to be 320mm rotor and 6 piston hayabusa caliper. Even a single rotor and caliper is better then the twin rotors setup! This will be available for both year sets of forks.

Sean

The blue spots would be less lever travel so a harder feel. But the braking power would actually be reduced. We have a new setup we should be debuing soon that some might consider overkill!!

It's going to be 320mm rotor and 6 piston hayabusa caliper. Even a single rotor and caliper is better then the twin rotors setup! This will be available for both year sets of forks.

Sean

Nice!!! So single rotor and caliper?? How much weight reduction is that gonna be. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back