I want red coolant hoses and spark plug wires. STAT!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im looking to order them today and have them by weeks end. Any one know where I can get them?
I meaan right now. Not later.
Im in a highly impatient mood today.

Send Sean an email for red samco hoses.

Order some red wire from summit, jeg or craigslist. basic copper core, non supression, 7mm if you're gonna use the oem plug caos

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Send Sean an email for red samco hoses.

Order some red wire from summit, jeg or craigslist. basic copper core, non supression, 7mm if you're gonna use the oem plug caos

You can just change the wire and use the plug caps? DID not know that.
Did not know they came apart.
Thank you.

Hold the wire tight in your hand and turn the cap counter clockwise. It will unscrew (sort of) from the wire. Screw on the other way to install. There are threads in the plug cap that grab onto the copper wire

Hold the wire tight in your hand and turn the cap counter clockwise. It will unscrew (sort of) from the wire. Screw on the other way to install. There are threads in the plug cap that grab onto the copper wire

Sweeeeeet!
So can I go with a bigger wire and make em look Phat?

7mm is stock size. Larger won't fit into the caps without trimming.

If you keep the stock resistor plug boots and resistor plugs, low resistance solid core (non suppression) wire is fine, that's what the stock wires are.
Suppression wire is also fine to replace the stock solid core.

I run suppression wires with the after market Accel colored boots typically sold with any universal plug wire kit. They are non resistor boots so you need to run suppression wire with them.

Using non resistor boots and non suppression wire made my TCI start acting stupid, I believe RF interference was the cause because as soon as I replaced the non suppression solid core with suppression wire the problem went away.

Those findings are based on some experimentation I did using various combos of components.

I just threw away a set a red wires that were 8 mm trimmed to fit a stock cap. Whoever tried it did not do so well. Maybe silicone is hard to trim?

OK Red wires around here are only MSD 8.5 suppression wires. So that was a bust.

So I found the hot rod company online sells wire by the foot. Everyone else sells it in 20' or more.

Now I can't decide which one I want.

I like the first one but don't want any yellow in my color scheme. the second looks really cool, but I want more red to break up the black chrome valve covers. So I'm leaning to the 3rd.

:bang head:

Attachments

• blkwredyellspw.jpg
    blkwredyellspw.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 17
  • blwredspw.jpg
    blwredspw.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 18
  • redspw.jpg
    redspw.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 22
I've penciled 8mm to fit stock coils before. PITA but worked ok. Ha little trouble getting 8mm into stock plug boot assembly. Used grease.
It was a big enough pain in the ass I'll not do it again though.

Back