Ice Ice Baby

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles Long

Reaction score
REALLY well done. Sums up what the Maritime provinces have gone thru so far -(April snows are very common)
All major towns and cities have broken long-standing total snow fall accumulations.
As well as mega snowfalls, Halifax had the added burden of many days of freezing rain, ice, clogged drains, and major flooding. Which I reckon was the inspiration for this great parody.
Cheers!

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEScBcg_m_c&sns=em

I feel for you guys, winter will hang on here until mid April , from the looks of it, nothing is looking too bad. Flooding is one thing we do not have to worry about around here, we've have lots of sand, and sand and yet more sand....BABY!

That is insane. So glad I don't have to deal with real winter.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

When i first moved to Alaska in 1992 we used to have really cold winters, where i am 35 miles north of Anchorage it could get down to -45f, for several weeks. In the last ten years its changed, and its still changing, milder wetter winter, drier summer, almost no snow this winter, obviously it looks like it went elsewhere,i think for those affected you should really prepare now for the next winter, we spend 6 months getting ready for our 6 month long winters up here.
Look at all the issues you had, like snow removal, better home insulation, backup power, a larger pantry, even better transportation suited for snow.
Though Alaska is getting warmer i am fed up with it, and you know we do not have a lot of highways here as well, scenery is great but limited for bike access. Global warming? I absolutely believe it, but whats funny is now some experts are saying the Ice Age is returning.

I've seen on the Discovery Channel where they took ice cores from the Arctic and had them analyzed. They found that our planet has been going through regular climate change for thousands of years.. WAY before we started messing with the ozone with the industrial age. When they ran core samples from rock, they found the same thing for millions of years. Our planet constantly goes through magnetic pole shifts also. This is just proof, that our planet is dynamic. We just happen to be here to take notice of the changes, and document them. We just have to learn to adapt.

Back