ID Plate on Transmission

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcbailey56

Reaction score
I purchased a wrecked 1997 VMAX to use for parts. The engine looks very clean from the outside and I noticed a marking on the right-hand side of trans. It says 3500 cm3. Can someone tell me what this marking is and what it identifies?

:ummm:

If I found this on a car, I would think it meant 3500 cubic centimeters.

Also, are there any engine ids somewhere so I can tell if the previous owner replaced the engine?

Thank you so much,

Richard

well that's about the volume of oil it should use, but I can't remember what the marks are actually for. I think my Tenere has a similar marking that says 3600 (I think). It takes 3.6 quarts or so.

...says 3500 cm3. Can someone tell me what this marking is and what it identifies?

If I found this on a car, I would think it meant 3500 cubic centimeters.

Also, are there any engine ids somewhere so I can tell if the previous owner replaced the engine?

Your assumption that this is the oil capacity in cubic centimetres is correct.

The engine number is found on the LH rear of the upper crankcase. Engine i.d. can be found here.

May I also suggest that purchasing (say) a Haynes manual would be prudent and would have addressed the above?

Back