idle sound

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrizog60

Reaction score
hello

bike had some issues holding idle,because ignition coils had seen better days...
installed COPS and sync the carbs and all was well:
no more misfires,starts easier and a very nice idle sound,like a diesel lope or a aggressive cammed engine,with the tach needle showing just that with a bouncing movement.
a slight twist of throttle and bike responded well so everything was ok for me.

but now after some weeks the idle sound changed to a more linear sound...
checked sync again and nº1 was a little off so i apply some blue loctite to the adjusting bolts so they keep in place and purchased the flat sync line.

BUT now i dont have the lope idle anymore,despite they are all sync.:ummm:

i sync the carbs at idle,is this the right procedure?and what is the normal idle sound?
on youtube i have seen various sound s at idle,what is normal?
mine was like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEmhbaNJero

It had the lope because it was out of sync. When you sync them with stock cams it will smooth out the idle.If you run with the vboost open all the time it will come back.

you have a point,but, it was sync and it was dead on.
now sometimes it does a little bit,especially when cold but before was all the time.

I would check to see if your vboost is opening and closing all the way. Sounds like the closing part is intermittent. What rpm is the idle set? When mine is below 1100rpm it lopes. I would also check the ohms on the coils- you want 2.6-2.7

it did it before sometimes with stock coils.then they got worse and the misfire started...
i have my idle at 1000rpm,dont like high idle sound and putting into first is a bit clunky.
v boost seems to operate fine,i can hear it open and close fine.
i dont mind if the idle has lope or not,just curious why does it changes that way.
had a vfr 750 before and the idle note was distinct(firing order?) but always the same...

Funny thing though-if it idles below 1100 is will not charge the battery. That is the reason I installed cops a new r/r and battery with more cca's.

never testes that,maybe next time i pull the seat...
but its not a problem,i dont have it idle too long that the battery will drain.

just liked the sound lol

Latest posts

Back