If you're ever rolling through Texarkana....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and stop and try Naaman's BBQ. I made the trek from St. Louis to San Antonio to see my son graduate from Air Force Basic Training. I stopped in Texarkana and this BBQ place was right next door to the hotel. I walked on over and my god this was the best BBQ I've ever had in my life.

Now I say that sincerely, but there is a caveat. There doesn't seem to be any sort of consistent basis on what people consider great BBQ. We got a few places here in St. Louis that people swear by..... I think a couple of them were even on some Food Network shows... and I've never been blown away by them. They're good, but not like OH MY GOD good. A lot of people have their own personal preference on what makes great BBQ. You may not love it as much as I do, but regardless you wont be disappointed I assure you.

For me, and my personal preference, Naaman's is OH MY GOD good. Seriously the best BBQ I've ever had. Friggin brisket just melts in your mouth and loaded with flavor. Ribs falling off the bone good. And they've got this cheesy corn side dish that is really fantastic too.

I made the return trip back through just to try them again and to see if it was consistent and it was just a great. Ordered about 5lbs of meat and a family size cheesy corn thing to go and brought it home for the lovely lady to try. It ended up being our Thanksgiving meal and it was great! She loved it too.

I have alerted my buddy who lives in Texarkana and he will be giving me a full report. If so a visit will be in order. BBQ is one of the 4 food groups!

I'd be interested to hear your friends report on the place. I do find the different personal preferences people have of BBQ interesting.

Latest posts

Back