Ignitech TCI Capabilities

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barber1303

Reaction score
I replaced my faulty stock 1988 TCI box with a "TCIP4 Full" Ignitech unit. The unit was pre-programmed at Ignitech to match the stock box performance. It looks like these things have some serious versatility.
Question for the group...I'm planning to keep the bike in stock form...is there any adjustments to the programming (ignition curves, etc.) that improves performance? My guess is that Yamaha optimized performance on the stock setup from the factory, but perhaps their obligation to meet emissions requirements hindered some of their inspiration? Let me know your experience.

Thanks,

Chris

We have maps we have used for the units we sell. We also sell ours with direct Vboost control.

I keep running into a problem. Placed the MG map sensor and I cant seem te get the vboost to work. Stock sensor gives no problems

Sorry, ment GM map sensor (boost sensor)
2 things I think are possible. One is a bad map sensor. (It happened to me. How i could tell was at idle, on the vboost page, it would go from 0 to 100 kpa and back at the drop of a hat. I bought the equivalent map sensor from O'Reilly's and havent had an issue sense) Two....is the GM sensor wired up correctly. There are only 3 wires....but they are easy to get out of order if you are swapping them out yourself.

Eric

We finally found the problem.... 2 bad connections..... wiggling on the cables and they popped out...

IMG-20201014-WA0012.jpgIMG-20201014-WA0007.jpg

Latest posts

Back