Ignitech TCI purchase opportunity

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingy

Reaction score
I finally sold the last of the Ignitech units last week I got in December and have had several requests for more.

This TCI will fit 1st Gen VMax's from 1985-2007. For the 90-07 year bikes adapter cable & program in TCI are different due to single pickup coils.
Full instructions & pictures included.

Price will be $255 for TCI, new MAP sensor, adapter harness, vacuum line, mounting velcro and related small items.

Same as last time, optional USB-COM cable is $15. This is not needed in most cases. Only needed if you want to program TCI parameters. It will come from me with very good VMax program installed.

$7 if using paypal.

Link to last thread on this is at:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=27472

B-Boost Thread:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=22733

Another Thread:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=23506

PM or call me. Info is in my profile. [email protected]

Gary

Last edited:
Ignitech TCI purchase

I now have enough interest to proceed with another buy of the Ignitech modules.

Pre-pay $240, if using paypal added $7.00 to cover paypal fees.

Purchase price for people not prepaying will be $255, if using paypal added $7.50 to cover paypal fees.

Programing cable is $15 extra, not needed unless you want to reprogram module.

This will include US priority shipping & insurance.

Time frame for you to receive TCI will be about 4 weeks.

I have to order TCI's from Czech Republic & map sensors from China.

Had to bribe wife to let me take $1500 out of savings to get extra units to make this feasible and profitable for me. Got to buy her a set of running boards for her jeep out of my profits.

Gary

I'm looking forward to getting mine. Curious how much of an improvement there is.

From following this, the improvement will lie in its adjustability, its ability to control other hop-up components, being a lot cheaper than a stock box, and it will be able to work with what mods you do in the future.

One of the guys getting in on it this time is getting multiple units & has a dyno in his shop.

He is going to use one on a turbo equipped VMax. He wanted it due to the retard feature in the Ignitech unit.

With some serious dyno time and experimentation with this TCI some better settings should be devoloped. He has said he will share his results.

Gary

One of the guys getting in on it this time is getting multiple units & has a dyno in his shop.

He is going to use one on a turbo equipped VMax. He wanted it due to the retard feature in the Ignitech unit.

With some serious dyno time and experimentation with this TCI some better settings should be devoloped. He has said he will share his results.

Gary

That's awesome news Gary, if we can figure out the vboost thing I'll be in on this too for the nitrous guys and I'll share my findings as well but I rely on dragstrip numbers but it still might help some guys out...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Gary

You MUST put pressure on that guy. Im eager to know what he may discover...

You can trust this guy to help out. After all, he's a long time VMOA member and well known (very well known), VMOA supporter.

Sean

Man I just bought a dyna 3000. If I can sell it on eBay I'm gonna get yours. I believe this came up in older thread. I have a 06 with cop's that wouldn't be a problem right??

There is a dwell setting in the TCI that will allow use of coils under 2 ohms primary, which is what the COPs are.

You can use the COP's without the need for the resistor that is needed with the stock TCI's. Or if you already have COP's with resistor, dwell can be set to work with them.

I have ran COP's for two seasons now without the resistors.

Sorry Gannon !!

Gary

Can't wait to get this unit. Opens a lot of doors for cool gadgets. I have a Pingel electric shifter that I may try to automate with it. And I smell nitrous coming in my future.

If you are interested in seeing the Ignitech software, send me a PM with your email and I will send you a zip file with software. I have to zip it or most emails won't let it through due to it's an executable file.

You can open it on your PC without the TCI and see what it can do.

I will also send a couple of MAP files & Ignitechs manual.

Gary

Wow, had a chance to piddle around with the software a little last night. Lots of options! Looks like I may have more studying to do before I go playing around with some of this stuff. This unit would definitely give someone a competitive edge over most others on the drag strip. Really glad to be having a rev limiter.

Back