Ignition On - No Voltage from Battery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiro

Reaction score
Hi everyone

A problem with electrics - As the bike was running idle on a traffic light, the engine shut down and lost all electrical power.
None of the electrical components are working!

- I checked the main fuse and all other fuses - all OK.
- I checked the battery with a digital meter and something very weird happens:
- when IGNITION key is OFF 12.3V
- when the IGNITION key is ON it reads no voltage or something like 0.4V

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

5 Years, but has been charged regularly when bike not used, and it is holding good voltage.

Just to update as i read some of the posts with similar issues, i played/pushed about the start button few times then turned the ignition key on and the power came on unfortunately only until i tried to start the engine, once i pressed the start button it went dead again... so i'm taking the start switch apart now, will update on the progress. if anyone has had gone thru this trouble already please advice.
Cheers

I've had batteries that showed good charge and even took a charge, but as soon as the starter was pressed they instantly drained all power

Thank you both Julian and Medicm, it was the stupid battery, i hooked it to the van battery and there she goes running like new :)
I was about to start removing the scoops/head light and go wire by wire.
New battery on Monday it is..
Thanks again guys saved me so much time.

Attachments

• DSC_1092.JPG
    DSC_1092.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 4
I dunno what year bike you have, opening the switches, cleaning the contacts, lubricating things, and using some dielectric grease on the cleaned contacts and the male-female plugs of the wire harness is a good preventative measure.

Back