Ignition upgrades or suggestions????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WARHORSE

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this site and own a 1985 Vmax, I current am unable to ride the bike due to problems with the CDI.

I have had to replace the CDI twice in 25 yrs, the first time was due to corrosion of some of the diodes and resistors inside. This time due to a stupid error on my brothers part.

I looking for some solid information on aftermarket replacement parts/upgrades or performance upgrade for this problem.

Does anyone have any input or data they are willing to share about the subject.

Thank you
Warhorse

Last edited:
Welcome Warhorse!

You've had your Max for 25 years!! :worthy:
You will love this forum for information on your bike.
I second having a look ay Dingy's thread. It's a cheaper option, and is programmable.

Welcome Warhorse!

You've had your Max for 25 years!! :worthy:
You will love this forum for information on your bike.
I second having a look ay Dingy's thread. It's a cheaper option, and is programmable.

Bazwell,

Yes, I have been the original owner of my '85 Vmax, I placed my order for it at the dealership in Dec of '84 and took ownership in May of '85. It currently has 12, 268 miles on it. Always garage stored.

Thanks to both you and Rhoy Carter for the helpful info.

I look forward to getting more involved in the site.

Warhorse

Warhorse!
Glad to find another member with the exceptional taste to own an '85! Good to see you got the fast color.
I've got #3216, looks like yours is a couple days older than mine, but I bought mine in April of 1985, so I got you by a bit in ownership time.
12,000 miles?????? Got you beat by 10 times. These older Max's do have a few issues, and the members here are really knowledgeable and very willing to help you with and advice you may need.
Oh yeah... Welcome to the Forum!

Back