Ignition wires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollin thunder

Reaction score
I am thinking of adding 8mm ignition wires to my max and wondering if its worth the time and money?.Thanks .

I am thinking of adding 8mm ignition wires to my max and wondering if its worth the time and money?.Thanks .

I have a set of 8mm's on mine. I can't really tell you if they're an improvement or not. But I can tell you if your going with 8mm wires, Dielectric grease is going to be your best friend, as it's going to be a snug fit.

When I first got on the forum I thought about 8MM wires. Quite a few people talked about the stock wires being very good, and as long as they are in good shape then there isnt really a difference. After thinking about it, and figuring that ANY plug wire goes bad....decided to go with COP'S and eliminate plug wires all together.

Just my 2 cents.

No real benefit. The COP mod (when it's available again) is a far better upgrade (which eliminates the wires completely).

Sean

COPS Mod Kit is about $210 (I Think).
Installation was extremely simple.

You can order from Gannon or myself. I think my price is a little higher then going directly to the source.

I'd say they are definitely a much more efficient design than the Older style stock coils.

Latest posts

Back