I'm buying Sean's jet kit, would like comments

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First and most important I trust Seam 100% so this thread isn't meant to question his kits or his knowledge.

Now to my question, I would like to hear from anyone who has his kit installed in their VMAX, I'd like to know how your VMAX runs and when you installed it did you drill out the slides? did you use the shorter springs?

Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Once again I have made my mind up to buy his kit so nothing will change my mind, I just want to hear some comfirmations of what I believe will be a good choice.

I didn't drill my slides but I did put in the shorter springs. Mine runs great. It's got a lot more low end pickup and screams right to red line.

Chris

I'm installing Sean's kit as well and would like to know what exhaust is involved in your posts. I have a Kerker 4-1 and am curious as to which jets work the best.

Hello everyone,

First and most important I trust Seam 100% so this thread isn't meant to question his kits or his knowledge.

Now to my question, I would like to hear from anyone who has his kit installed in their VMAX, I'd like to know how your VMAX runs and when you installed it did you drill out the slides? did you use the shorter springs?

Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Once again I have made my mind up to buy his kit so nothing will change my mind, I just want to hear some comfirmations of what I believe will be a good choice.

I would not drill slides till you are convinced you can make it run better by drilling them.

Short springs are easy to install and dyno to get stats.

The "Pex" pipe he sent me melted, he should have a good breather hose by now.

I have no problems what-so-ever with the intake.
I sounds great, and really woke my bike up.
I was nervous about the install but everything fell into place.

Jim, Trevor and I made a video of installing the kit. I have to finish some edits to it and then I can post it.

Rollie,
I have UFO 4 into 1 exhaust. As for drilling the slides, I will not be doing the installation my dealer service dept will be doing it so I can't try different things like not drilling slides and what springs to use, that costs $$$$$ when someone else is doing the work. Seam suggests the drilling and short springs so I guess I will go with his suggestions.

I f I was doing the work I would be able to try things different ways but that isn't possible when a service dept is doing the work unless I want to pay a lot extra.. they charge $75 an hour..

Sweet Buster! Add it to somewhere in my thread area would be awesome.

Sean

Sweet Buster! Add it to somewhere in my thread area would be awesome.

Sean

Will do! I going to send you a CD copy of it too, so you can make copies of it to send out with the kit.

Sean I hope you gave Buster a free kit for that kind of service! lol

The kit is UBER easy to install. It's a bit time consuming but not bad really. Make sure once you've installed the kit that you sync the carbs up.

I have/had a Dale Walker exhaust but am now changing to a Marks due to a slight off that ruined my cans. Oops...

I'd put 155 jets in it straight away. I'm running stock needles shimmed up one washer and it runs pretty damn well. I'm thinking that the Marks exhaust will run about the same. The only main difference is the cross over pipe which is what gives his system the cool muscle car sound that Dales is missing.

Hey Vmaxinid... He's using a black rubber hose now. It looks and works the bees knees!

Cheers,
Chris

i'd love to get sean's jet kit, but had been a little apprehensive about the installation of it... that video would probably convince me to get it... wondering if i'd see a good improvement with supertrapp slip-ons, or a full exhaust is really needed to see a difference.

Personally I wouldn't bother unless I had a full system but it'd still work. You'd have to run a small 147.5 main to get it to run right but you should be doing that now. lol

Morley and I are doing a bit of horse trading. I got what he wants and he has what I want so...

The mufflers are mashed and not worth poop!

Chris

Personally I wouldn't bother unless I had a full system but it'd still work. You'd have to run a small 147.5 main to get it to run right but you should be doing that now. lol

hmm i guess at some point i should just look into making sure my carbs are good as is...

I just installed Morley's jet kit and it is great. I also got a used Kerker 4:2:1 from him with a carbon fiber can. I know he has more used exhaust systems for sale. Just ask him. He might even have another Kerker. The Kerker sounds SICK!!!!!!!! Every time I roll by another bike, they have to look and see what in the hell is making their bike sound like a little weed eater. Even the Harley's look over. Morley's kit is a top notch kit and I recomend it!!!

Hey Sean, now where's my discount??? LMAO!!!!!!

LOL, I got your discount right here! Seriously, sounds like you get it all dialed in,

Sean

I just installed Morley's jet kit and it is great. I also got a used Kerker 4:2:1 from him with a carbon fiber can. I know he has more used exhaust systems for sale. Just ask him. He might even have another Kerker. The Kerker sounds SICK!!!!!!!! Every time I roll by another bike, they have to look and see what in the hell is making their bike sound like a little weed eater. Even the Harley's look over. Morley's kit is a top notch kit and I recomend it!!!

Hey Sean, now where's my discount??? LMAO!!!!!!
Would you list the mains you dialed in with and any other mods you had to do to make it right ? I have the same set-up and am getting ready to install Sean's kit as well. Thanks in advance.

Would there be any improvement if I replaced the stage1 in my bike with Seans kit?I have stock exhaust.Chad
________
Ducati Mach 3

Last edited:
Back