I'm dying over here.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad it's coming together for you. These bikes are a lot of fun. yes a Hyabusa, GSXR or an R1 is faster, but most other bikes aren't. We have good torque, and no-one else has VBoost!

If you're off on Saturday, go to the Dania Beach FL vintage bike show across from Dania Jai-Alai, there's a good chance we can meet.

https://www.daniabeachvintagebikeshow.com/

Glad it's coming together for you. These bikes are a lot of fun. yes a Hyabusa, GSXR or an R1 is faster, but most other bikes aren't. We have good torque, and no-one else has VBoost!

If you're off on Saturday, go to the Dania Beach FL vintage bike show across from Dania Jai-Alai, there's a good chance we can meet.

Sounds awesome. I would love to. If the valve cover gasket doesn't seem to leak to badly, I'll try ride up. About 3 hours from my house. Been itching to ride. You're definitely right about that torque! Nothing quite like it.

Scratch that. I don't why I thought Dania was Daytona. It's about an hour... I'm an idiot.

On a Saturday morning if you're in the toll lanes on I-95, from Flagler St and Miami Ave (for those of you out-of-towners, that's the N-S-E-W center of the City of Miami, FL), it should be an easy 45 minutes to Griffin Rd exit off I-95. You can actually exit at Stirling Rd. (the next exit south-of Griffin Rd) head east towards the ocean, and when you get to US-1, about 2 miles, turn left, and then right in less-than a mile onto East Dania Beach Blvd. The Jai-Alai fronton and Frost Park, where the show is, will be in about a half-mile or less.

Daytona Beach is probably four full hours (250+ miles) or more from Miami, depending on if you have traffic.

Last edited:
On a Saturday morning if you're in the toll lanes on I-95, from Flagler St and Miami Ave (for those of you out-of-towners, that's the N-S-E-W center of the City of Miami, FL), it should be an easy 45 minutes to Griffin Rd exit off I-95. You can actually exit at Stirling Rd. (the next exit south-of Griffin Rd) head east towards the ocean, and when you get to US-1, about 2 miles, turn left, and then right in less-than a mile onto East Dania Beach Blvd. The Jai-Alai fronton and Frost Park, where the show is, will be in about a half-mile or less.

Daytona Beach is probably four full hours (250+ miles) or more from Miami, depending on if you have traffic.
Nice, nice. I've never been riding up north. I work Saturdays but I've got plenty of sick time. The vmax has been sitting for about two months. Finally got it started on Wednesday. She's only running on half choke so I gotta figure out what's up with that. Probably from sitting so damn long. Here's hoping.

Check the resistance of the pickup assembly. It can go out without warning. #1 symptom is no start. 110 ohms +- 10 percent at 65 F (O-B), O-Gy), (O-W/G), (O-W/R) If OK. heat pickup with a hairdryer and see if resistance is still in range.
Ended up being the pickup coil. Thanks, dude. Now to try and get here running better. She's only running on half choke, like I told fire-medic, probably from sitting for two months.

Back