I'm sick to death of my mirrors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatslide

Reaction score
All I see are my shoulders. I've never tried bar end mirrors, so they're a possibility, though I feel that I'd rather find traditional vertical mirrors, though a style that allows me to see whatever is behind me. Who knows what to use?

Alf:bang head:

Barends are a lot better looking in my mind, especially with drag bars. I even down sized to one barend on the right. Damn near blind but what does that matter when your cruising at 90 down the highway.
Only matters whats in front of you. :punk:

Barends are a lot better looking in my mind, especially with drag bars. I even down sized to one barend on the right. Damn near blind but what does that matter when your cruising at 90 down the highway.

I'm running a single bar end, but on the left side. I don't feel blind at all (at least on that side). I like the look.

haha, thats great. Im not alone.
I run the right side for use on the freeway. I cruse in the fast lane and usually pass on the left thus making the right side mirror more useful. And its easyer to look over your left shoulder to check the back ground.

Coolest thing about the Max: Drag bars and no mirrors change it completely.:punk:

Last edited:
All I see are my shoulders. I've never tried bar end mirrors, so they're a possibility, though I feel that I'd rather find traditional vertical mirrors, though a style that allows me to see whatever is behind me. Who knows what to use?

Alf:bang head:

I had the same issue and got a Gen-Mar riser...(not sure if this is a Gen-Mar but it's very similar and a lot less money)...it worked very well.

http://www.pythonmotorsports.com/vmax/vmax_products/riser_vmax.htm

Thats a cool idea, but you can buy a whole slew of different mirrors for less than half the cost of it.

This is very true, and I tried a bunch of them, but just couldn't find a set of black mirrors that gave me the site pic that the chrome oem mirrors do.

I 'settled' for an aftermarket set but don't like them all that well and will most likely go back to the oem's soon.

Never tried bar ends but, don't you have to look down (take your eyes off the road) to see behind?

This is very true, and I tried a bunch of them, but just couldn't find a set of black mirrors that gave me the site pic that the chrome oem mirrors do.

I 'settled' for an aftermarket set but don't like them all that well and will most likely go back to the oem's soon.

Never tried bar ends but, don't you have to look down (take your eyes off the road) to see behind?

depends on what kind you get, mine you don't

I use Bikemaster universal black mirrors which don't stick out/ up like stock mirrors. They have a good sized mirror surface and have been clear with the stock rubber engine mounts. I have yet to try them out with the delrin mounts but so far I don't see that as being a problem. I haven't tried barend mirrors for a extended time, I did try my brothers but I didn't like the positioning. I think if they were above the bar like the Joker Machine folding barend mirrors. US made but not exactly cheap.
Here is a link to many different styles of mirrors:http://www.baycycle.com/eshopitems_cat_6252-41267-5523.Mirrors.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0CJJZOFVA4&feature=player_embedded

Hay those Joker Machine barends look really good. You can see the quality of them. The barends I was using were cheap ebay china ones. When I tried to take the left one off the inside expando piece wouldnt come out of the handle bars so I had to unscrew it completely and leave it in the bars. haha, when I would turn my bike around I could here it sliding around in there. haha

Hey, I asked the same question of the Honda Super Magan board. The short answer is yes. Thee are in fact photos of Iso grips and bar end mirrors. Go figure......

Yo EvilD,

Which mirrors are you using on the MAX?

Would the consensus be that a flat drag bar looks best without vertical mirrors, so the bar end is the style of choice? How much will a driver with bar ends need to "get used to them", or are those style mirrors kinda intuitive.:ummm:

Yo EvilD,

Which mirrors are you using on the MAX?

Would the consensus be that a flat drag bar looks best without vertical mirrors, so the bar end is the style of choice? How much will a driver with bar ends need to "get used to them", or are those style mirrors kinda intuitive.:ummm:

These, they are pretty good, vibrate a little but not enough to impair vision, super adjustable too

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ch-o..._Accessories&hash=item1c11c9ec03#ht_500wt_956

Back