I'm tempted to eat fast food!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC Max

Reaction score
I swung by the local Suzuki dealer on my way home from work to see if they had any SV650's in stock to look at for my wife. Well, they didn't have any SV's, but they did have a big, black B-King collecting dust on the showroom floor. I hadn't seen one in person, and they look HUGE, but the riding position is really nice. I've read a few reviews on them and have been impressed, but hadn't really thought about owning one. Got to talking to the dealer/owner of the place, and he is ready to come down quite a bit to get rid of it. I had decided that if I was going to buy a new bike (which I am not totally convinced to do yet) it would be a new Max, but this deal would allow me to keep my Max, get a B-King, and still save money compared with buying the new Max.

If the new bike bug won't leave me alone, what would you do?

Whats the price on the new B-King? They look pretty nice but i'd want to take it out for a test-drive before i dropped that kind of dough on a new bike, is that an option with the dealer?

Whats more important to you a new max or an old max with a b-king. if the money is a big difference then maybe 2 bikes are better than one???!

dont' get me wrong tho i'd LOVE a new max too.. but damn $20k is a lot

I swung by the local Suzuki dealer on my way home from work to see if they had any SV650's in stock to look at for my wife. Well, they didn't have any SV's, but they did have a big, black B-King collecting dust on the showroom floor. I hadn't seen one in person, and they look HUGE, but the riding position is really nice. I've read a few reviews on them and have been impressed, but hadn't really thought about owning one. Got to talking to the dealer/owner of the place, and he is ready to come down quite a bit to get rid of it. I had decided that if I was going to buy a new bike (which I am not totally convinced to do yet) it would be a new Max, but this deal would allow me to keep my Max, get a B-King, and still save money compared with buying the new Max.

I don't know what I'd do in your situation. But if you're really interested in a B-King I think there may be more of them collecting dust like the one you found. There is a small dealer up here with a black B-King someone ordered then backed out on. I posted the price on here a couple months ago but don't remember now what it was. You might want to do some Suzuki dealer searches and see if there are some more B's out there. Play one dealer off the other.

I've done a demo ride on a BKing and they are a nice bike. If I could get a good deal on one, I'd probably pick one up.

When I bought mine, that's within a couple of bucks of what I was able to determine was dealer cost, too.

FWIW, I have yet to read a single negative road test...nor has there been a single recall on the bike. The negative is the looks, but if you scrap the stock exhaust it's a different look. You'll definitely get looks at bike night.

I'd go down and put a deposit on a new '09, tha'd cure the new bike fever!

I'd go down and put a deposit on a new '09, tha'd cure the new bike fever!

I would too, if I had the cash..

The Burger King sounds like a HUGELY better deal though, even if it most definitely ain't a Max. :bang head:

<sure you could put some V-Max badges on it and swap the Suzuki ones for Star/Yamaha>

Then flog it on fleaBay as a one-off prototype for $30k (there are so few BKs out there no-one would clock it) and there's the money to buy a 2nd gen Max :rofl_200::clapping::rofl_200::eusa_dance: :rofl_200: :biglaugh::rofl_200::punk::rofl_200:

I would too, if I had the cash..

The Burger King sounds like a HUGELY better deal though, even if it most definitely ain't a Max. :bang head:

<sure you could put some V-Max badges on it and swap the Suzuki ones for Star/Yamaha>

Then flog it on fleaBay as a one-off prototype for $30k (there are so few BKs out there no-one would clock it) and there's the money to buy a 2nd gen Max :rofl_200::clapping::rofl_200::eusa_dance: :rofl_200: :biglaugh::rofl_200::punk::rofl_200:

Best add a blind-drop mailing address too cause that flea Bay guy's gonna be back around someday!! Prolly better not to be around when he does-otherwise, a hell of an idea!! :rofl_200:

Thanks for the feedback guys. Luckily, I've been able to keep the bug in check so far. I still love my old Max, so that probably helps. I would love to have an '09 Max as much as anyone on this forum, but even if I could get it for $16,000 like some have managed, that is still a LOT of money. $10,800 is a lot of money too, but still a 5K difference. I've read quite a few more reviews on the bike, and the riding experience sounds fantastic, which definitely has not helped with the temptation factor. For right now, I'm going to wait until at least after the holidays. If the bike is still there (which I wouldn't be surprised if it were) I might go see about adding a Whopper to my garage. He might not be in a position to come down any more in price, but I might be able to squeeze some other goodies out of him.

As for the wife's bike, I'm just scouting right now. She doesn't take her riding course until next spring, so I have time to find her bike. I have to admit, I'm hoping to find something that I won't mind throwing my leg over once in a while, but still being manageable enough for her to start out on.

my buddy just started on a sv650 and i test-rode it for him. they seem like fun bikes. I esp like the naked (non-sv650s) look.....

I would love to hear about someone riding on a b-king. its no v-max but in my mind its closer than a lot of them out there!

If you want one you'd better pounce. From what I have heard and seen there will be no 2009 B-King. I am not sure if it will be re-done/changed and re-released, but as of right now its a one year wonder.

The Suzuki dealership near me has three of them sitting on the showroom floor. They have dust on them. The first time I went to that dealership was late last Spring and they were there already. Given the positive reviews, why aren't they selling like hotcakes? Also, if they are going to be a one year wonder, will it be dejavu all over like Yamaha's Maxim (I think that's it)? Hard to find parts and/or dealers to work on them?

did the maxim? have a well known engine?

It seems anyone thats comfortable on a 'busa engine could work on a b-king,

i guess its all the other shit that needs work too tho..!

The Suzuki dealership near me has three of them sitting on the showroom floor. They have dust on them. The first time I went to that dealership was late last Spring and they were there already. Given the positive reviews, why aren't they selling like hotcakes? Also, if they are going to be a one year wonder, will it be dejavu all over like Yamaha's Maxim (I think that's it)? Hard to find parts and/or dealers to work on them?

Several reasons they're not selling well, I think:
  1. They're too much of a sport bike for many older guys. They're quickly dismissed as a 'crotch rocket' as us geezers go look for more of a standard or power cruiser type look.
  2. For some, even those that don't mind the crotch rocket look, the damn thing is ugly. Suzuki blew it on the exhaust and possibly the headlight. However, swap the exhaust for some Yoshi slipons or (even better) a Brock's full header, and you've got a whole different looking (and sounding) animal.
  3. Naked standards just don't sell well in the U.S. Period. Including the Max. Don't ask me to explain it.

When I found out Suzuki was discontinuing the thing at least in the U.S., it sort of pissed me off, too. Then I was told that federal law requires them to support it for ten years from a parts standpoint, and my blood pressure returned to normal.

Let your conscience be your guide, but the damn thing is fun as hell to ride and you can probably get one for less than a new 'Busa.

Considering that's it will only have be made for one year, you'd also be buying into quite an exclusive club, and some years down the line these bikes will be worth their weight in gold.

I just wish I had the cash to grab one cheap off a dealer now, shrink-wrap it and put it in storage in view of pulling it out in 20 years' time and auction it. That's a hell of a better retirement plan than any of those bank/insurance people can ever give ya..

Back