Indicator swap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax100uk

Reaction score
Thinking of changing my indicators to led.
Rears look fairly straightforward but fronts look like they could be a real mare to get off and trace the wiring back to the connectors.
Any tips.

Thinking of changing my indicators to led.
Rears look fairly straightforward but fronts look like they could be a real mare to get off and trace the wiring back to the connectors.
Any tips.
The fronts are not bad. They are in the headlight bezel. Three wires (male, female connectors) for each side. Remove your headlight and it's pretty easy access.

Cheers.
Not 100% sure how you mount the fronts as most aftermarket ones are bolt on and the oem ones look like they just clip into the bracket round the fork leg.

Changing them is easy, making them work correctly is a different matter. Wait til you change the relay 😉

Changing them is easy, making them work correctly is a different matter. Wait til you change the relay 😉
Hopefully I won't have to cross that bridge as the ones I've bought come with inline baffles.

Based on others posts
Hopefully I won't have to cross that bridge as the ones I've bought come with inline baffles.
My memory is a bit shot but I'm sure the indicator lamp in the dash panel might still cause problems and need a resistor or 2. I might be talking bollocks tho, it happens frequently 🤣🤣 I run both of my gen 1's with sidecars. 1 with leds and had to fit an adjustable 2 pin relay to replace the 5 pin max original.

Based on others posts

My memory is a bit shot but I'm sure the indicator lamp in the dash panel might still cause problems and need a resistor or 2. I might be talking bollocks tho, it happens frequently 🤣🤣 I run both of my gen 1's with sidecars. 1 with leds and had to fit an adjustable 2 pin relay to replace the 5 pin max original.
Jesus wish I hadn't bought them now lol. Might be picking your brains again next weekend :)

Well there's nothing like wasting the good part of a day breaking down the front of the bike to find there's no way in hell aftermarket indicators will fit to the stupid original mounts.
Whoever came up with this design at yamaha needs a smack in the chops. I've had many bikes over the last 40 years and never seen anything so stupid.
Have to settle with the originals with clear lenses instead.

Do you have a pic of the new indicators?

Yes but I think I've now found the set I should have bought.

Attachments

• all-sizes-of-sequential-led-indicators-for-yamaha-v-max-1700_87015.jpg
    all-sizes-of-sequential-led-indicators-for-yamaha-v-max-1700_87015.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
Looks like you keep looking at Chinese parts that are not true replacement parts. Better get better at fabricating to fit, that's the quality of aftermarket everything these days. Same but different, LOL !

Latest posts

Back