Indicator switch operation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02GF74

Reaction score
I am trying to understand how the indicator switch works.
I've edited the wiring diagram so it shows the relevant parts.

The switch has 5 positions; from top to bottom
1. fully left
2. slight left
3. centred
4. slightly right
5. fully right

The red/yellow wire is at 12 V and when the switch is moved fully to the left (or right) it is grounded. This starts that side's lamps flashing with power on the brown/white wire.

Now for the correct lamps to flash, there must be a switch inside the handlebar switch that routes the power on the brown/white wire to the correct side.

The lamps stop flashing when the switch is moved slightly to the other side and this is where I am getting confused. The only way I can see this working is if the red/yellow wire is grounded and the electronics inside the flasher unit turn off power but I do not see the voltage going low.

*** actually to cancel the switch lever is pushed in, so that must happen when moving to one side.... except the red/yellow wire does not go low ???? getting more confused over this.

Anybody able to clarify?

indicator.jpg

Last edited:
what that diagram is missing is the turn warning lamp (in the console) which is wired between the dark green and light brown wires i.e. one end is at the power for the right bulbs and other at power for left bulbs. This bulb is grounded via the pair of non flashing bulbs - which is why it stops working when fitting LED indicators.

I will have to take the console out as this lamp should stop working when bulbs on the same side are removed - but I am seeing it flash regardless - looks like there have been some modifications..... except there doesn't appear to be. How the hell is this working???

Last edited:
Back