Induction Noise Morely Kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vpoirier79

Reaction score
i HAVE THR MORELY MUSCLE KIT, i HAVE CORRECTORS INSTALLED SLIDED DRILLED DJ SPRINGS 162.5 MAIN JETS STOCK NEEDLES, AND MODIFIED FILTER LID. mY CONCERN IS AT ABOUT 3500RPM IF I START SLOWLY COMING ON THE THROTTLE i GET A CRACKLING METALIC INTAKE SOUND THAT PASSES AT ABOUT 4500. iTS SO LOAD IT DROWNS OUT MY HINDLE SUPER SPORT EXHAUST iS THIS NORMAL? iT SEEM TO BE AT THE POINT THAT THE SLIDED ARE OPENING. aNY HELP HERE WILL BE APPRECIATED

How many turns out are the screws?Did you mean 152.5 mains?Sounds to me like the air fuel screws need to come out some.

I think you're okay. The vacuum of air when opening the throttle will cause the slides to clack. Since you have a more-open airbox....it's easier to hear.

To me, it doesn't sound metallic. Just a pulse of air and clacking of the slides when you open the throttle enough.

Shawn, he's using stock needles. Those babies are so thick they're acting like a plug and you need a huge main to compenstate. When I had stock needles I had Mikuni 165's in....even the 162.5's were lean in the transistion from needle to main jet. If he used DJ stage 7 needles he could drop to 2 - 2.5 clips and run stock or Mikuni 155 mains.

Yea, Our kit has a lot more intake noise and sounds like you are going to be sucked into it. Your main should be close with the stock needles as Mark pointed out. With the extensive dyno testing using a wideband o2 sensor it showed that much main was normal for the stock needles.

The REAL question is how does it run?

Sean Morley

iT RUNS REAL NICE, IF I CRUISE IN FIRST GEAR AT 4000RPM AND NAIL IT, IT WILL LIFT THE FRONT WHEEL. nOT JUST A FEW INCHES, IT WILL CONTINUE TO RISE, SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME. NO DEAD SPOTS. NEVER HAD A FAST RUN BUT SEEMS GOOD SO FAR. sO IT SEEMS i HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. tHANKS FOR THE REPLYS

Modified air box lid, air correctors, two sizes of main jets, DJ springs, oil filler vent couplers/hose.

actually, I think I am up to 6 or 7 sets of main jet selection. Stage Seven needles are optional at additional cost. Lid includes the K&N filter already installed. Some parts are exchaged or core cost can be paid.

Sean

actually, I think I am up to 6 or 7 sets of main jet selection. Stage Seven needles are optional at additional cost. Lid includes the K&N filter already installed. Some parts are exchaged or core cost can be paid.

Sean

What is the cost of the kit Sean?

$220 with exchange or your airbox lid and oil fill cap. $50 more for the needles with the kit purchase.

Sean

Back