Infiniti Honesty-Infiniti, not dealer..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
I'm impressed, my wife turned in a lease car 2 months ago and I wrote a check for $380 in mileage overages, she went a few over her alloted 75000 we signed for.

Been out of town for two months on a job in Arizona and get home today to discover a check for $380 from Infiniti with a letter saying they discovered a 3.58% error in the odometer programming and hence the refund.

I say i'm impressed with the honesty, then again there may be a lawsuit out there that made 'em do it???

Hmm, that's pretty surprising. A couple google strings didn't turn up any news of lawsuits or anything, so it actually might be a bit of corporate honesty. Imagine that....

Infiniti has come a long way....newer ones are much nicer and better quality than they used to be. We used to have a '99 I30. It was a decent reliable car, but had all sorts of little annoyances. Lots of the switches broke, the lights behind the buttons and gauges slowly went out, the transmission would give you whiplash in cold weather, and the steering wheel had a strange groan whenever turning to the left. Overall it felt like any other boring sedan with a different badge on the front. It wasn't nearly as nice as the '99 Acura TL. Rode in a newer G35 and was very impressed with the overall fit and finish, plus it was pretty fast...

Odometer programming ? You mean when they turn 'em back for resale on the used car floor ? :rofl_200:

Infiniti has come a long way....newer ones are much nicer and better quality than they used to be. We used to have a '99 I30. It was a decent reliable car, but had all sorts of little annoyances. Lots of the switches broke, the lights behind the buttons and gauges slowly went out, the transmission would give you whiplash in cold weather, and the steering wheel had a strange groan whenever turning to the left. Overall it felt like any other boring sedan with a different badge on the front. It wasn't nearly as nice as the '99 Acura TL. Rode in a newer G35 and was very impressed with the overall fit and finish, plus it was pretty fast...

Her 2007 FX35 was SUPERB, she racked up 75000 plus in three years and never had a single issue of any sort with it, oil changes and tires only....

Tha being said the Caddilac SRX I just bought her (bought, not leased, I'll never do something that dumb again) completely kicks the shit out of the Infiniti in every area except "get up and go" and it's not bad on that.....

Time wil tell about the dependability

Makes you wonder...if with all the programming available in cars now, if you could just plug into the car and "adjust" the odometer display. Read an article in Popular Mechanics about how they successfully "hacked" the ECU of a wifi enabled car (one that gets satellite internet/radio/tv), from a laptop inside another car in range. They were able to adjust throttle(fly by wire), apply brakes, force the transmission to shift, pretty much drive the car remotely and override the physical controls in that car.

With computers comes someone looking to hack them, and now with internet enabled cars, it's entirely possible. 0_O

Makes you wonder...if with all the programming available in cars now, if you could just plug into the car and "adjust" the odometer display. Read an article in Popular Mechanics about how they successfully "hacked" the ECU of a wifi enabled car (one that gets satellite internet/radio/tv), from a laptop inside another car in range. They were able to adjust throttle(fly by wire), apply brakes, force the transmission to shift, pretty much drive the car remotely and override the physical controls in that car.

With computers comes someone looking to hack them, and now with internet enabled cars, it's entirely possible. 0_O

Dang! I'd love to figure out a way to do that to my mother in laws car....nearest cliff, here we come....

Back