Info That May Save Our American Butts.......

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A more "live" one is Trapster. There's an iphone app that will use GPS and alert you whenever you get near known trap areas. You can also report actual police presence and it's updated for everyone instantly.

Speed traps really aren't that tough to spot provided you're alert for them. Here's my "warning signs"

-Long downhill grade
-Highway barriers high enough to hide a car
-Speed limit dropping going into town but without a change in road(i.e a two lane 55mph road suddenly drops to the "town" limit of 30, a mile or two before you actually get into town)
-Reverse of above....just before the speed limit goes from town speed to highway speed, especially if it's a big jump like a 30 to a 65.

At the bottom of 7 going into Troy there's a po-po dream spot...it's at the bottom of a 30mph hill and the other side of the intersection is 65mph highway. There's also a short light at the bottom. There's ALWAYS a cop there because people are usually doing about 70 by the time they get through the intersection.

If you're going to speed, might as go all the way with it. I've found cops rarely even bother if you're going over 100, especially on a bike....they know their Crown Vic will never even get you in sight to radio someone else where you're going.

About a week ago me and my buddy on his M109 were tearing ass on the highway and I smoked past a trooper at probably around 125(which I didn't realize at the time). Being a v-twin, the M109 was probably 1/4 mile behind me (hahaha) and just as he was pulling out, the 9 smoked past him too. Maybe 10 seconds later I look in the mirror to see how far back he is, he's mostly caught up and I see the cherries n berries flashing a ways back. He flashes the headlight at me which we both know means "go for it". We wound up to around 140....he wasn't giving up, though he was probably 1/2 mile back and losing ground. We stayed on the highway until he was so far back to be out of sight, then got off in Lake George and got lost in town.

Latest posts

Back