Insider report; New Yamaha TourMax!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

great white

Reaction score
Seen here as a test mule but very close to final form, drawing heavily on the revolutionary 1983 Venture touring model and the awesomely powerful 1700 Vmax, Yamaha engineers have created a new model and new "Power Touring" market.

Enter; The TourMax!

nnnnur2g%20copy_zpsbesmzq1h.jpg

Details are limited at this point, but it is reported to use a modified 2015 VMax frame specially stiffened for sharper handling with touring loads. Body work is chosen for its excellent wind protection, ground clearance and a nod to Yamaha's original heavy weight touring powerhouse.

Engine power delivery has been tuned to increase low rpm torque to get heavier loads moving while also providing pavement rippling drives out of corners and at your local stop lights.

Yamaha's special "active" intake system simulates the Vboost of 1st generation VMaxes starting at 5000 rpm, but is reworked significantly to make 25% more peak HP/torque output than the 2015 VMax while still providing improve low end "grunt".

An extended swingarm was required as early testing revealed a tendency for the bike to rear up the back tire under heavy throttle application with a passenger or luggage loads on board. Quick handling characteristics are retained though aggressive steering geometry and special profile tires front and rear. An unexpected benefit of the extended swingarm configuration was the fitment of a larger capacity fuel tank for extended cruising range. A trailer hitch option is not provided nor recommended due to the extended swingarm configuration.

Top speed is expected to be in the 175 MPH range (due to the aerodynamic concessions necessary for a still air touring motorcycle), 1/4 mile is reported to be in the low 10 seconds with a passenger on board. Cruising speed in top gear is reported to be an easy 80 mph at 2500 rpm. Fuel mileage is reported to only be 40 MPG due to the prodigious power production.

Native bluetooth connectivity for engine parameter monitoring, audio systems, phone connectivity, intercom and 1 mile "bike to bike" communications are standard, as well as a 150 Amp alternator and multiple USB charging ports. On board navigation is handled via 7 inch touch screen with TomTom and voice nav via included Bluetooth helmet headsets.

A special 20 Gig "solid state" hard drive is fitted for music storage and playback via Bluetooth. "On board" service and owners manuals can be displayed on the navigation and entertainment screens. The system runs on Android OS with a proprietary voice command function (currently named "Jarvis") for hands free dialing and searching while underway. A separate "fold out" touch screen is provided for passenger access to the navigation and entertainment system. Wifi connectivity and its own mobile hotspot allows checking email and internet information searching while away from home.

Yamaha has employed a special team of "enforcers" who will roam the country side and, in accordance with the ownership contract purchasers must sign, severely injure anyone found fitting a trailer, sidecar or "farkles" to the TMax. Owners will be given 24 hours to remove the offending items, non compliance after 24 hrs means beatings will be administered. The unit will then be retrieved , returned to factory specs and passed on to a more deserving owner.

Front and rear 1080p HD wide angle cameras allow for trip and accident recording via micro sd media. Any 4+ wheeled vehicle operators found to be liable for severe accident damage or loss of the TMax or TMax riders will be visited by the Yamaha "Enforcer team" and severely beaten.

Special power ports in the rear trunk allow the installation of defibrillators for older riders and passengers that have heart palpitations on heavy application of throttle. Special seat pad inserts can be ordered that allow for containment and easy disposal of unintended fecal and bladder release.

Yamaha engineers, mindful of potential theft attempts of such a special purpose motorcycle, equipped the TMax with an active alarm system that first warns intruders away with voice prompts. It then activates the alarm and immobilizer. If the theft attempt has not yet been deterred it pepper sprays the area, followed by a tazer shock if the theft attempt is continued. Tazer shock deterrent also automatically activates a two way paging system to the owner, activates an on board facial recognition camera and simultaneously dials local police with street location and GPS coordinates. Tazer shocks continue on a 45 second interval until the owner deactivates the system or police enter a special code via a dedicated phone in line for each TMax. A special proximity sensor opens a concealed compartment and makes an aluminum baseball bat available to the owner on approach.

Yamaha's target audience is reported to be the mature rider that still has that evil glint in their eye, a distaste for social conformity and isn't afraid of the global implications of slowing the rotation of the earth under the mighty onslaught of the TMax's rear tire.

Expected release of this hand built "Arliegh Burke class" heavy touring model is spring 2017 and only in limited numbers, expected to be no more than 1 unit per dealer.

Industry insiders have commented that Honda is considering pulling it's Goldwing off the market after several riders reported their bikes jumping off clean off the road and into the ditch as the Yamaha test mule rode past.

Pricing has yet to be released but it is expected to be in the equivalent range of one pound of unobtanium....

moon.gif

crackup.gif

Got bored and was friggin around with photochop....:)

Good one! Kudos to you, G.W., very well written, great imagination.

But TOURMAX is already a reality, although not nearly refined as your photoshop version. Goes by the name of FrankenMax , and lives practically next door to you!
It's able to change it spots in only an hour or two, going from street to touring version.
Not too pretty, but practical. My wife says the same about me!
We will have to hook up for a ride, maybe including my good friend Toolman(I refer to him affectionately as The Tool)
Cheers!

Attachments

• Littlefranken.jpg
    Littlefranken.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Bigfranken.jpg
    Bigfranken.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 59
and I thought today was july 25th 2015. must be april 1st.....:rofl_200:
I do like to dream though.
later bill

But TOURMAX is already a reality, although not nearly refined as your photoshop version. Goes by the name of FrankenMax , and lives practically next door to you!
It's able to change it spots in only an hour or two, going from street to touring version.
We will have to hook up for a ride, maybe including my good friend Toolman(I refer to him affectionately as The Tool)
Cheers!

I'm kinda building my own "TMax" out of my 83 venture. Toolman is looking for a set of cams to go with my Vmax heads right now.....:)

Toolman will come thru....he's the man...the Sean Morley of the north country....what else can I say......
Said he was tearing a max motor down this week, still waiting to hear back.

You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find two bloody stock Vmax cams but I've been searching for a couple months now.....

Any chance you could use H.D. Black Road or Street Glide cladding for your ( excellent ) photo shop experiment ?

Attachments

• H.D. '07 Road Glide - 1.jpg
    H.D. '07 Road Glide - 1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 28
Any chance you could use H.D. Black Road or Street Glide cladding for your ( excellent ) photo shop experiment ?

Nope, not my thing dude.

:)

It would just come out looking like that bike with a black engine anyways.

But you can download a program called "GIMP" and have all the fun you want. It's basically a free Photochop program.

Last edited:

Cheers!

That bike is kinda the inspiration for all the mods I am doing, and have future plans for. As it stands right now, I will soon have 70W/channel sound, then I shall remount my CB, and then finally, the side bags. The GPS mount/cup holder has already proven worth its weight in gold. XD

Latest posts

Back