installation off a 12V plug for TomTom

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arlon

Reaction score
Hi guys,

What did I do today with my V-max....?

well I was intrested to have a 12V (sigaretlighter) plug installed for (no not lighting my :smoke000: while driving :rofl_200:)
But for my TomTom navy divice....

I still had a TomTom laying, doing nothing so why not placing it on the bike.....:eusa_dance:

So bought one 12V plug at the car gadget store and started looking for a nice snuggie spot for this litlle pluggie.
Din't want it to much in my face and a bit out of sight.:ummm:
So I found a nice spot onder the crown plate.
I fixed the plug in between the crownplate and the bracked for the headlight.
The wires (2) I could lead into the head light and connected these to (Black-ground & Red-Hot) directy at the plug at the back of the H4 Halogene bulb.
(after the first test I found out the plug was only powered when I turned the Hi beam lights on. :hmmm: :oops:Not a very good thing!! So I had to swith some wires)

But all with all I again very pleased with the results.:pics:

Greetzzzz

Attachments

• WP_000358.jpg
    WP_000358.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 46
  • WP_000361.jpg
    WP_000361.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 46
  • WP_000359.jpg
    WP_000359.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 43
  • WP_000365.jpg
    WP_000365.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 46
  • WP_000366.jpg
    WP_000366.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 42
  • WP_000357.jpg
    WP_000357.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 39
That is a great place to 'hide' the plug. I wanted a power point for the same reason and to be able to charge my cell phone while I was out on my 'longer' rides. I was going to get a 'ram' mount for my tomtom afraid it may not hold with the tomtom mounting system. I got a plug to plug into my battery tender connection. I got a local shop. So if the plug is not needed I can unplug it and put in up.

Nicely done and well hidden. I like how the Tomtom blends in when installed also. I have a plug for mine tapped into my battery tender like PD has. Never used it yet, lol!

I was thinking about a plug too. My garmin is connected to the SAE plug of my battery tender but I wanted a 12v socket for chargin my cell or using a tire inflator. More multipurpose. I didnt know it would stick in there :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back