Installing vboost system to a 1997 french origin vmax without booster

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakan

Reaction score
As you know at some periods of time for some countries yamaha produced non vboost models. They are either dont have booster control , servo , and intake . i have such a bike for 1 yr and now i wantto upgare it with original booster system. I bought intake with butterfly from usa. But now i need servo and controller too.
- Anyone knows can i do something different without servo and controller, buti dont prefer manual type.
- any idea where can i find original servo and controller
- do i need some extra parts than these2, especialy im not sure if i should change ECU too?
-and finally how is the connection between ecu and controller? Servo-controller connection is simple, there is only one 5 pin socket but how i connect contollers 3 pin wire to ecu idont know.

Thanks for any help by now.

I have plenty of good used components if you want to make it easy. The ECU doesn't affect it that I am aware of (though it could have different timing curves). The connection should already exist on your bike and just plug this in (power, ground and coil wire). Then the box does all the rest. It is easiest to email me at [email protected]

Thank you so much for replay. I have checked the ecu and i couldnt see any free socket or wire. I supposed at these nonboosted models the ecu has no vboost controller originally. If you can send to turkey, i certainly want to have an original controller and servo.

Upgrade to an Ignatech unit and control the v-boost from it. You'll have unlimited programing options on when it starts to open. And, have all the other great features of the Ignatech, like an engine saving rev. limiter. Something Yamaha didn't provide for some reason.

Upgrade to an Ignatech unit and control the v-boost from it. You'll have unlimited programing options on when it starts to open. And, have all the other great features of the Ignatech, like an engine saving rev. limiter. Something Yamaha didn't provide for some reason.
Ignatech? I searched but couldnt find anything. Can u give a link please?

Ok, actually i have 2 more bikes ( africa dct and versys 300 )and i decided to sell vmax. I thought if i put booster i can sell with a higher price. That is why i m trying. i dont want pay much money to it. Stock set is cheaper and more acceptable by customers here. Infact bike is 22yrs old age and i accepted it as a classic bike. For speed i should do a complete restoration. No time and spare parts too hard to find.

I have an idea about booster control and servo. Instead of these two , can we use other things, for example a solenoid valve as servo and a tachometer with shift light...you know somöe digital tachometers have warning light which is flashing at a specific preadjustable RPM.
TRY 60.76 | CNSPEED 3 3/4" Cool Carbon fiber 0-8000 Tachometer rpm gauge with inter shift light/Racing Speedometer YC100144
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bRh0omI8
May be we can use this light connection as a switch with adding a relay.at a RPM we choose instead of light relay comes active and relay controls,opens a solenoid or similar element ...
TRY 273.24 | 1PCS DC12/24V 10A 20mm 8kg Push Pull Type Frame DC Solenoid Electromagnet Magnet
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bdZokZlm
Or
TRY 86.86 21%OFF | AIYIMA 1 pcs Diesel Engine Flame Out Device Engine Stop Solenoid XHQ-PT 12V
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bHhQk3G4
May i use this kind of tachometer as control unit and the activators as servo. Of course servo opens angular at certain rpm s it starts to open at 3000 rpm and fully opens at 5750 ( rpm s may be wrong) but the system with a solenoid will open fuly at 5750 or 5000 rpm. But i think at this rpms engine does not need an opening at levels. Sudden and single opening also can do the job.
Waiting for ur ideas please..

Any ideas about my project? Could a tachometer with adjustable shift light be used as a control switch to open butterfly?

I haven't ever read of anyone doing what you suggest so can't offer any feedback on the likely effect.

The OE system opens the V Boost butterfly's progressively between 6 and 8K whereas what you are proposing will open them immediately.

I would not have thought that the fueling would take too kindly to that but, of course, I may be wrong.
You will also need a servo motor to open the mechanism.

There is only one way to see what effect your idea will have...we look forward to hearing how you get on.

Servo i necessary for a gradual opening. As you said the proper way is servo. But as my opinion, immadiate and sharp opening at 5500 (also this rpm can be adjustable by using shift light rpm leveler, during ride) can give a nitro feeling to boster. I think the fuel amount of double carb wont be excesive at a certain rpm. May be 4500 or 5000, this can be test after system setup and during ride by turning shift rpm leveler. I will put tachometer near stock speedo and so adjustment will be so easy. I m starting monday. I hope i ll share here...

IMG_20190506_131003_5.jpg
This is a 12v diesel engine activator, i have done some mods inside it to limit its movement way to 22 mm, about 1 inch which is the measurement of booster butterfly.

IMG_20190506_164615_4.jpg IMG_20190506_164628_7.jpg
That one is made for adapting linear actuator to original servo's place. I made it from 2 mm aluminium and painted with spray.

IMG_20190510_173110_9.jpg
This is the final outside combination, adaptation plate and acviator and a 12v relay on it..activators energy will come from this relay. Both negative and positive.

Latest posts

Back