installing walker exhaust...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
can someone take a pic of their rear headers? i'm not sure which one goes on what side.

theres one with just 1 L and then theres another S shaped one..

thnks!

chris, thanks man jack answered the question. only way they woulda went on anyways to clear the shaft drive

didn't realize walkers switch the rear headers (left stays with left, right with right) from stock

so new question

is it normal for a little bit (only had the bike on for about 5 minutes in the carport, until it reached op temperature) for there to be a bit of smoke with the new ceramic and gaskets?

also how do i tell if there's any exhaust leaks?

maybe i just need to run it a bit? there was a slight smell to the smoke too, a little 'burny' ish i would call it.

ok so i called up sean.

he put my fears to rest.

ok for a little bit of smoke, could be anything, coating residue, oil from hands. it gets a little better each time

my front left header was touching one of the fins on the oil pan that kind of 'protects' the oil sensor unit. he said thats fine as well..

no leaks either (i think)!

I saw your pics and it looks great Garrett! I really like the black exhaust make the bike so sinister looking. I know you will enjoy the sound as you run it up through the vboost! Both your and Danny's look awesome, hopefully we'll be comparing exhaust sounds next spring at while enjoying some delicious brownies!:punk:

took a ride today. no ticking or clicking or any other noises. keep checking the nuts there and each time they seem to hold better. had a small leak where the right rear header meets the Y (not the exhaust port) talked to sean briefly and he recommended a bit of silicone. i just put a dab as i think it was coming out of one of the slots and that seems to have fixed it! aside from that have a slight leak on each muffler where it meets the pipes where the clamp doesn't touch. i will silicone later again, but for now i think its fine. as long as no exhaust is leaking until it gets to the pipes... as for tomorrow!

JET KIT INSTALL TIME. once thats in, i will deem it appropriate to take legit pictures, not these half assed ones i put up!

actually now that the pipes are cool i'm going to put a dab more of it on that problem area and let it dry overnight...

Latest posts

Back