Instrument panel turn signal indicator only flashing for L turns - HELP

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZackH

Reaction score
I just changed my bars and after putting everything back on, the turn signal indicator light on the instrument panel is only flashing with the L signal on. when i turn on the R signal it won't flash in the instrument panel. All of the turn signals are flashing properly, front and back, side to side.

There were existing LEDS on and everything worked fine before I loosened the hand controls.

Any help?

UPDATE: I reconnected the resistors and both lights are now activating the indicator. I wired both resistors the same but now the L is blinking fast and the R is blinking regular. Do I not have high enough resistance?

If you study the wiring diagram, the lamp on the instrument is earthed through the indicator bulbs. If LED indicator bulbs are fitted, it stops working as the LED (D being diode) is reverse biassed so will not conduct electricity.

To solve that, either the loom to the instrument bulb needs to be altered or needs some means to earth the bulbs, usually done by a resistor. The flash rate also depends on the load (current drawn), LED bulbs draw much less than filament bulbs so either indicators stop flashing or flash at different rate.

Reconnecting the resistors will have fixed the instrument lamp. The fact that one side is flashing at a different rate implies it has a different load - are the LED bulbs the same and the resistors the same value as the other side and connected properly?

Some after market LED bulbs are sold with a load resistor; so there should be 4 of them; ensure they are connected across the LED bulbs.

they are all the same bulb, With 2 resistors one flashed quick and one normal. I then put only one resistor on the L signal and now they are both flashing at the same rate (quickly but workable) and the indicator is working as well in both directions. I think at this point I might let sleeping dogs lie, The slightly quicker rate dosent bother me now that they are all the same.

Back