Insurance renewal increase of 51%

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Be interesting to know if anyone can beat my 51% insurance increase just for expecting to stay with my insurance company (I didn’t!)

£99.81 to £151.50, boy they must be in trouble 😆

I'm insured with Footman James as they quoted the lowest plus were able to insure me on VIN before my Vmax was registered.

Paying slightly more than you, from memory about £120 Fully Comp, I think it went up by a few pounds.

Be interesting to know if anyone can beat my 51% insurance increase just for expecting to stay with my insurance company (I didn’t!)

£143 with added legal aid cover

WOW!

I believe that's actually illegal in the United States. I think there's a maximum they can increase your rate each year. I can't for the life of me remember what it is but I'm sure it's nowhere near 50%.

Edit to add: there's no federal limitation on increases but there are state regulations. Most require any rate hikes to be approved by the insurance commissioner of the state.

Here in Georgia (we're in the top 10 most expensive states in the nation for insurance) the state insurance commissioner will not even look at a rate hike unless it's more than 10%. Then the commissioners office can look into it for cause.

Needless to say, a 50% hike would be an attention getter.

Last edited:
Back