Intake Scoops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a number of new systems we sell
Voodoo
Hindle
Kerker
and our Muscle Marks (deepest toned system you can buy)

I’d like to know what would be the difference in my scoops with the four pods with the middle open style not capped, wouldn’t do as well as ufo’s that do the same thing. If they don’t work I have a set of scoops right here that will be going to Sean Morley for chrome exchange. But what if they did work. Wouldn’t that be wild. I’ll definitely be doing dyno runs with the stacks, then my pods. But I want fans blowing in the pods. That’s how ram air works. It doesn’t work stopped

But together any increase from a ram effect you will (probably) need to be travelling at illegal speeds. OK on a drag strip but not on public roads.
As Mr 02GF74 says, to have any meaning you would need to measure engine output for every change you make. You would also need to establish at what rate the pressure at the mouth of the intake increases as your road speed rises. Next problem would be how to replicate the pressure increase when on the dyno.
I guess if you have the time and inclination then have a go and I wish you well.
That said I having just re-read the the original write-up I'm not convinced the time/ cost/ benefit ratio is that persuasive.
I am with you on this does this bike not already try to rip your arms off. I'm still in physio.

What most people don't get is that Ram Air was never intended to literally shove air into the engine like a supercharger and increase your horsepower. It can, but only at pretty high speeds.

Ram Air was designed specifically to pull cool air from the outside of the car rather than using the hot air that is inside the engine compartment.

Cooler air increases horsepower instantly. No speed increase required. That's the entire premise behind nitrous oxide and water injection as well.

On a Vmax it wouldn't help you one single bit because the air box is isolated from the engine compartment and there is no pulling of hot air directly from the engine. It's also a very large airbox already capable of moving a whole lot of air, so any gain would be minimal at best.

Last edited:
Back