Integrated CBR LED Tail Light Mounting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could get another LED and wire it into your new signals if there's room. Second way would be to mount a separate set of LED running lights but wouldn't have to be in same location, so maybe you could power some scoop lights or a flat bar style LED under the headlight, headlight halos or something like these: http://www.customdynamics.com/truflex_truwraps.htm
This will do nothing to alleviate the hyper flashing though.

The stock lolli pop lights are a 3 wire so you lose the marker light unless you get a aftermarket 3 wire light.

Installed my light today. Had a little trouble figuring out the mounting as I am limited to what I had available but in the end, the light looks great.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371951153.760191.jpg

Did mine this weekend. Used the motogadget integrated light in the end.

I dremel cut the plastic mounts and the subfender down to install. So mine is stuck on there with a buttload of black silicone caulk and 3M tape. I'm pretty sure I can have something tooled to bolt right up to the divots in the subfender that are not for running wire though. Something I'll fool about with this winter when having the fender apart does not mean cutting into riding time.

I trust 3M tape and caulk to hold it until the end of time, but I don't like the fact that it pretty much becomes a permanent part of the fender that way. Not 'mod monkey friendly' enough for me. I'll be figuring something out that makes it bolt-on/bolt-off when I have to undo it all for paint. I'll share whatever that turns out to be when I figure it out.

All wires were extended, the load equalizers were easily set under the pillion seat, and the LED plate bolts are spliced into the running light wires. I also coupled them with a weatherproof posi-lock near the plate so I don't need to worry about wiring if I decide to change the plate for any reason.

The whopping $6 or so for the pair of plate bolts lights it better than stock IMO. Shouldn't have any issues with johnny law.

Anyway: before/after pics (note stock turn signals were already relocated for the fatmax bags):

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

The stock lolli pop lights are a 3 wire so you lose the marker light unless you get a aftermarket 3 wire light.

I ordered a device called the blinker genie. I wired it as instructed and it turns your aftermarket LED lights from 2 wire to 3 wire and the marker lights work just as they are supposed to. www.customleds.com they also have the bljnker relay needed to stop hyperflashing without messing around with a bunch of wires. Spent $50 total for them.

That looks exactly like the motodynamics one we're using. I'd get the real deal on stuff like that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeah. Not sure if it's solid flash or progressive flash. Maybe I should have gotten that one in the first place.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm gonna get it, the one y'all are talking about is probably just some cheap one from China too that's been overpriced

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I spent $15 on a Chinese eBay light with integrated signals and got a pair of 50w load resistors for $5 off Amazon.

I can't believe how well this caught on

I know it has been pretty cool to see it evolve! I ran across a couple pictures the other day of when was first doing the work in my old condo. Amazing I got the full security/damage deposit back on that place! :eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

SANY0070.jpg

SANY0037.jpg

Lucky I had a chill roommate! (or at least one that appreciated a new chain on his gsxr 750 a few weeks after working on the max :moped:)

That Vmax has over 63,000 miles on it now. It's still cruising around Maui! :punk:

The CBR taillight mod is one of the best looking/low cost things I have seen to do to this bike. The stock taillight is terrible looking. I had been looking for a rounded rear fender so I could get rid of the duck tail but this mod makes the lines of the bike look a lot better. I can't wait to get mine.

Sean

Am doing this mod and wired up the light and it works good but no license plate light.
Tried the programming thing and was able to change the other settings but the "push twice" to change the license plate light did not help..
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I know that some people have just put a strip of white LED's where ever the plate is mounted.

Latest posts

Back