Interest in a lake run?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
With the overwhelming success of Dan's Brownie Run and the good times had by all, I figure I might try my hand and organizing a get together. Right now I'm just feeling out interest and pondering details. Give me some feedback either way.

What I'm thinking is a gathering/ride in the Adirondacks of NY. There's a lot of really great roads around here, both for "fun factor", and awesome scenery. There's even a few of the "your speed is" signs on suitable straigtaways, one is at the end of a 1.5 mile dragstrip(and the sign has three digits)! With a strategically placed cameraman, that could produce some sweet pictures. State sponsored radar runs! w00t!

I live in Schroon Lake full time in the summer months, I work at the marina on the lake. It's an average size townhouse in a development of four buildings, each containing six townhouses. It's about 50 yards to the lake from the porch. We have a 17' boat as well as a jetski.

It could be really fun to go for a ride, then spend some time in the lake or on the boat. If any of you waterski, wakeboard, or want to go tubing, that's possible as well(or you can learn) Unfortunately, I can't accomodate that many people. The boat only takes 6 people max, and the townhouse only has one guest bed and a couch downstairs. The garage would hold one car, if it wasn't full of crap. Now it barely holds my Vmax, minibike, and quad. There are some local hotels, but I was thinking this as more of a "day trip" get together rather than a big event like the brownie run.

There's a really great restaurant literally next door to the development. The pizza is great (IMO a lot better than Sergi's from the pizza run...no offense Kyle). They also have really good fresh fish dinners. There's bars in town within walking distance, as well as a pretty cool restaurant with a "loft" bar upstairs that is really authentic "rustic" Adirondack...all sorts of real antiques and stuff on the walls. Food is good if not a little spendy.

There's also a location nearby to go cliff-jumping into a waterfall pool. It's probably about 40-45 feet. Kinda fun, put all that vboost adrenaline to another use.

If this was to happen, my timeframe would be sometime in July, after the 4th. If there's interest I'll see about making arrangements with local motels and restaurant.

I had such a blast on the BR ride and the dinner afterward, and I regret not being able to stay longer and get to know you all a little better. I kind of want to contribute to all the Vmaxer camaraderie on this site.

Anyway, let me know!

WHEN MY 7 YEAR OLD SON IS A LITTLE TALLER , HE WILL BE ABLE TO RIDE WITH ME , SO I WILL BE ABLE TO ATTEND MORE OF THESE FUNCTIONS , AND I HOPE HE LOVES RIDDING AS MUCH AS I DO ! ... BUT I DON'T THINK THAT I'LL BE STUNTING WITH HIM ON THE BACK ! ... ( JUST WAY TO MUCH PLANNING ) ! ... :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Hey Ryan. Sorry I missed u this time around, but I would def be interested. June is swamped for me and i'll be gone 7/17, but aside from that and the possible run the first weekend in august i should be free. in theory.

Sounds like a great idea!!!:clapping:

I am pretty well out of vacation time but a one day deal could be doable:eusa_dance:

ya man sounds cool, guess thats only about 2 hrs from me, well if im in quebec, otherwise about 14hrs with the flight so ya if im around for sure id be in for that. i can only commit to it about 30mins before i leave if thats cool with you hahahahaha

Latest posts

Back