International Motorcycle Shipping - Suggestions?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
Hi y'all. I'm back - It's been a while. I was in a horrible car crash on December 19 that almost killed me. My jaw was shattered and multiple skull fractures. It's a long story, but I'm healing well.

My wife keeps saying I should ship my V-Max from Tacoma, Washington to Hungary where I live. I've done some research, and got quotes from $1,300 to $5,000. A friend told me to ship it to a port in Croatia because of less paperwork hassle. I heard a horror story of a guy who shipped his bike into Germany, but they would not release it for about 3 months until he got Hungarian registration papers or something.

I would rather sell it, but nobody wants it (in Tacoma).

Any suggestions? :ummm:

We've shipped a few international without too many issues. Every country is different though! Some only allow one vehicle imported ONCE in your lifetime!

Sean

I've been importing from the US to Australia. For ocean shipping I've been using Schumacher Cargo Logistics (SCL), and so far they have done a good enough job for me to happily recommend them.

Ocean shipping LA - Fremantle (Oz) is around $600, but all the big money is due upon arrival here because of customs, inspections, port charges, handling charges, document fees etc etc

I guess it all depends on your country of arrival and their condition.

Unless Hungary allows you to import your own vehicle (that you've owned for more than 12 months etc) cheaply, I reckon you're still better off storing or trying to sell your US max, and buy one locally or in a nearby European country. France has many, plenty in the UK also.

Glad to hear you're recovering sir! I'm surprised you can't find someone to buy it though, your max looks pretty nice. It only took me 2 weeks to get a serious cash offer on mine, and mine doesn't look as good as yours IMHO. If I may, I would suggest testing the waters a little more on selling it. Maybe try ebay? If you're going to go through all that hassle to ship it, why not go ahead and sell it then? If you put it up for an ebay auction, you'd be shipping it just the same. A little off topic, sorry :p I don't know anything about importing vehicles expect in the US.

Latest posts

Back