ipod remote control

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Got this the other day off eBay for $19 shipped(now it's $29 ....must have just jacked the price). Called an "iJet Nav" (search that on ebay). It's a little dongle that plugs into the dock connector of the ipod, and allows you to control the ipod functions with a small wireless fob. The "nav" version is for all newer versions/gens and iphones, the original works with older ones.

I used to always keep my ipod touch in the inner pocket of my jacket so the earbud cord wouldn't fly all over the place. Problem then was it was impossible to get at or use while "in flight". Now with the little dongle and the remote velco'd to the clutch master cylinder, I can skip/restart songs, play/pause, and adjust volume on the road. The receiver is powered off the ipod and I haven't noticed any substantial extra battery drain from it. Best of all, the fob has big buttons so it's glove-friendly.

The listing said the remote was "water resistant", I haven't been caught in the rain yet so I can't vouch for that.

Anyway, a neat gadget that makes the ipod (especially the touch version, which doesn't work with gloves on) more bike friendly.

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 23
Do you ride with one earbud in and one out, or???? I was gonna use my Blackberry (cause I'm too cheap to buy an iPod) but yank the bud out every time my helmet goes on... call me fat head.

I use both earbuds...listening to music in only one ear drives me nuts. KJ recommended the Kicker EB101 earbuds(around $30 online). They fit flush inside your ear and don't interfere with the helmet at all. Plus, they stay put and don't fall out when you pull your lid on and off, and have pretty good noise-cancelling properties.

Latest posts

Back