Is it beyond economical repair...??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!! Fire-medic, that's some amazing detailed advice. Thank you for taking the time to post. And thanks to everyone else too for their expertise and advice.

I certainly haven't given up on my Max yet. Despite its sorry appearance now (and it was a running, quite good condition bike before I took it to an idiot), most of the 'damage' is largely cosmetic. The frame rust is surface only. I've yet to check bores for water but I'm hoping it's escaped that fate.
I hate throwing things out. Big believer in repurposing, restoring, recycling. Yes, time will be significant but I'm still leaning towards saving my Max.
Considering it only went in for a clutch and cosmetic work on the engine corrosion, it's turned into a much bigger undertaking...

1.Market value of your bike in good condition.
2.Make list of parts and cost estimate.(ebay) + paint job unless you can paint it.
3.Diagnosing big problems: seized engine, no compression, rusted frame.
I bought lots of ugly bikes, but they better be complete, otherwise you instantly increase price of the bike by cost of parts.

Sorry you bought it. I guest sell it or fix it. Not much choice here. Be brave and fix'er up is what I would do. I am saving my money to buy one. Best of luck.

Back