Is it Spring yet ??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soon.... About 11 weeks.

If it snows in April, it's usually a dusting, and not something that accumulates and hangs-around, in the lower 48, right? Assuming you're not a mile-plus-above sea level.

That's why it's good to make it to Daytona Beach for Bike Week, it gets the juices flowing, and you get-to immerse yourself in all-sorts of competition, events, and just people/bike-watching.

I spoke with my friend in Rochester NY and he said they are expecting a few inches of snow over the next several days. He said he's going to try to come south for Bike Week. I've met him there before.

Last edited:
Actually I am right at a mile where I live! But this winter has been fairly mild !! Daytona sounds pretty nice! But sadly,,,I'll have to wait for Sturgis!!

Actually I am right at a mile where I live! But this winter has been fairly mild !! Daytona sounds pretty nice! But sadly,,,I'll have to wait for Sturgis!!

What's good about Daytona Beach Bike Week is the weather is usually much-warmer for everybody to the north of it, and refreshingly-cooler for those fortunate-enough during the winter to live south of it.

I'm up high too, pretty cold but not to much snow this year yet. If you do attend Sturgis the weather is usually pretty decent but the overcrowding is downright heinous. I often leave the area during rally/tourist season, or stay put at Falling Rock. Turns out the crowds and traffic really sap the fun out of it for me. When the hills are quiet I'm on top of the world!

OH SHIT, your in Deadwood? That just caught my eye. I live at Falling Rock outside RC on the 44, before Hisega. Not many Maxers out this way. I've seen a distressed Gen1 in Rapid once, and I saw a Gen2 (yours?) while I was looking at a Blonde Venture for sale a couple years back. Anyways, howdy neighbor.

Ha ! Yup! I sent you a note on your profile to see if you were the guy who looked the Venture over. Thought I recognized your bike on here!! How goes it ?

Ha ! Yup! I sent you a note on your profile to see if you were the guy who looked the Venture over. Thought I recognized your bike on here!! How goes it ?

Aside from being outside bike season things are great, I hope with you as well.
When I painted my bike I was going for noticeable to cagers, different and distinctive, I guess it worked! When the weather breaks we'll have to take a ride.

'Redbone,' that looks ready for the long-haul. Never seen bags on the side of the engine like that before. Is there some sort of a saddle bracket for the tankbag? It looks like it stands 'proud' of the tank surface. Something which easily detaches for ease of refueling.

Aside from being outside bike season things are great, I hope with you as well.
When I painted my bike I was going for noticeable to cagers, different and distinctive, I guess it worked! When the weather breaks we'll have to take a ride.
Sounds great !! I always have great riding intentions,,,, but never get as much done as I hope for.... One more excuse to get out in the hills would be great !!

'Redbone,' that looks ready for the long-haul. Never seen bags on the side of the engine like that before. Is there some sort of a saddle bracket for the tankbag? It looks like it stands 'proud' of the tank surface. Something which easily detaches for ease of refueling.
The tank bag is connected by a locking tank ring that bolts to the fuel filler cap. The fuel filler cap still retains it’s locking function and as you noticed keeps the bag from touching the fuel tanks paint. There is another model that follows the tank lines a little closer and has more storage space which I may opt for should I find a need for more space. By the spring I’ll have her outfitted for distance riding with panniers with over 70 l of space which will go along with my 46l Givi top case, so I should be good. I should be getting well over 200 miles per tank so the custom seat should come in handy!

After a rainy and "too cold" last couple of weeks (Southern Oregon), this morning was a balmy 38F with no rain forecast... Ride to work weather!! The sun will shine on her most of the day, then it's a nice ride home in the dark (dusk?). Can't wait until the commute is in the daylight.

Latest posts

Back