Is it Spring yet ??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked 70 degrees F. The weather has been pretty-good, even had it drop to the high 40's overnight. There's a bike show in Dania Beach FL Saturday Jan. 27, your ride has to be age 35 or >, featured marque is Ducati. A great show if you are in the area. Planning to be there w/a '93/10K mi. for sale. Swap meet area has no age limits, & can include running bikes as-well as old crusty heaps, and heaps o'parts.

After a rainy and "too cold" last couple of weeks (Southern Oregon), this morning was a balmy 38F with no rain forecast... Ride to work weather!! The sun will shine on her most of the day, then it's a nice ride home in the dark (dusk?). Can't wait until the commute is in the daylight.
I'm With you! Love it when it's light out until 10:00 at night !!

Still far from Spring!
-5 degrees F on the way to work on Monday.
Woke up this morning feeling a bit chilly in the house. Temp was in the 50's. T-stat was set for 68. Checked the furnace and it was No Bueno.
Did some troubleshooting and think I've got it figured out. Will be picking up the part today and installing when I get home.

Still far from Spring!
-5 degrees F on the way to work on Monday.
Woke up this morning feeling a bit chilly in the house. Temp was in the 50's. T-stat was set for 68. Checked the furnace and it was No Bueno.
Did some troubleshooting and think I've got it figured out. Will be picking up the part today and installing when I get home.
Ouch !!

It was throwing codes about low voltage/bad ground/faulty ignitor/open ignitor circuit. I troubleshot all that before work and it tested fine. Everything checked good so figured, has to be the board. Called around and the only place with the part was the local Lennox distribution center. Luckily, I have a cash account there.

Got it fixed that day! Too bad I had to buy the part direct from Lennox to the tune of $200. If i could have waited for it a couple days I would have saved $100.
It was the main circuit board and took about 15 minutes to replace.

Glad to have heat again. I forget the word the local new is using. I think its "Polar Vortex" or something similar. Cold as HELL right now. I'm sure SD is around -50 or so. Hitting -20F or maybe even lower here (factoring wind).

Stay safe and warm!

Cold enough here to freeze the balls out of the bearings.. And a newly issued blizzard warning, to boot... 49 DTS.(Days Till Spring)

It was a balmy 30* and sunny today annnnd were expecting 10" of snow tonight!:mad: It's looking to warm up in the coming week , 46* and rain....o_O
Spring, my least favorite season of the year, but this year as soon as the roads are clear I'm riding the Super Tenere!:)

Were finally thawing here in Iowa City.. But I'm itching to get my garage queen truck out so I can go buy a cargo trailer to convert into a toyhauler so I can get the fuck out of this god forsaken state.. Its all in the name of cycling, but my favorite is a DRZ now because it takes me places where I can ignore laws and not have to follow slow bumpers.

Cold here too! 28 degrees fahrenheit blowing out of my truck ac. I just went out this morning and installed a new compressor before it gets too hot out. image is March 3rd.green is mean.JPG

I went in the pool for the first time this year with one of the grandkids, the water was 79* F last night and the air was 75* F. Looking forward to going north to Daytona Beach for Bike Week, most of the rest of the country is heading south. Weather forecast for Daytona Beach is 70's and high 60's (F), no rain, looks to be a great time!

2 weeks after Oregon's Snowmageddon 2019 (when southern Oregon got shut down), The sun came out for a beautiful weekend to ride (still a little chilly). I had to get a picture next to a pile of the remnants

190310 VMAX and Snow-small.jpg

Latest posts

Back