Is it true Yamaha did NOT put Vboost in the 2006 model Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think your other post about the connector not plugged in has resolved your lack of vboost lol

I think your other post about the connector not plugged in has resolved your lack of vboost lol
No. ... it still does not come on I was told that if the previous owner installed a jet kit that they more than likely disabled the V boost how can I know if there is a jet kit or not?

0-100RealQuick

Take pics of your needles and read the sizes of the jets in your carbs. Your black box may be bad though it's not that common for your year to have it failing already.

No. ... it still does not come on I was told that if the previous owner installed a jet kit that they more than likely disabled the V boost how can I know if there is a jet kit or not?

0-100RealQuick

Have a look at the air filter situation, do you have pods? And if so , is there a braided hose that runs back to the filler cap.
This will likely confirm that you have a stage 7 jet kit with the option to disregard the vboost whereby the vboost plug is disconnected when the butterfly valves are fully open.

Regardless of having a jet kit or not, to disable vboost, all one needs to do is unplug it or remove it from the bike.

Apparently you still have the vboost controller on the bike because you provided a photo of the round connector.

There is also a square connector for the vboost controller. Three wires in the connector. Make sure that is hooked up.

Follow the wires from the round connector. One end goes to a square, black box. This is the controller. The other end goes to the vboost servo motor that physically opens the butterflies between the manifolds. The servo motor is located above the heat shield on the front cylinders.

From the servo motor there is a cable that runs down to the butterfly assembly located between the manifolds. Make sure this is in place.

If all parts are there, and the 2 plugs are connected, the vboost should be working no matter if a jet kit is installed or not.

Latest posts

Back