Is the 2020 Vmax governed at 135 or is that its actual top speed?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grey

Reaction score
Looking at buying a 2020 Vmax that 135 top speed is a general question of mine.
If it has 175 hp is its top speed truly 135 or is it governed at that speed?

If it is governed can it be disabled/removed?

I believe it is governed, I had mine removed with my tune and from what I hear on this forum and others is then the top speed is around 170mph. I haven’t tried it so I cannot say mine will go that fast. Get a tune, air box mod and you will be ready for a bigger smile than it will already put on your face. Oh and an exhaust, good luck.

Moore Mafia Flash.

You won't be disappointed with a Gurued flash, that much is certain. My 2009 is Gurued and at right around 14k miles of fairly intense riding I haven't had a single issue, it's an absolutely rock-solid mod. If you do go this route be sure to do the cluch upgrades, too, or you'll likely start slippin' a bit when you really open it up.

Hi gen 2 ecu is highly restricted originally it was rated at 230 hp and 180 miles top speed but you can undo the ecu up to certain extent and may increase to 160 mph but as is from factory it’s at 138 mph

Hi gen 2 ecu is highly restricted originally it was rated at 230 hp and 180 miles top speed but you can undo the ecu up to certain extent and may increase to 160 mph but as is from factory it’s at 138 mph
What ECU are you claiming is rated at 230hp?

Might he be talking about the first engine design that they modified? I think it was originally supposed to be around 2100cc but was too heavy and powerful.

Ecu isn't limited to mph. It pulls the throttle bodies to 29.5% @8500 rpms in 5th gear and simply runs out of hp. You can go faster with a tail wind for an example. It can still Rev to 9800rpms just like every other gears.

Top speed after reflash is the revlimiter which is whatever you want it to be. Stock is 9800, I have mine set to 11,000. I have only ran mine to 10500 in high gear.

I do know when I had the limter set to 10200 187mph was the indicated speed. So hopefully 11000 should get me to atleast 195-200 ish mph capability. But again that's indicated not actual.

Pl watch you tube video Moore mafia unrestricted ecu of v max 1700 or check on line at mooremafia. Com
You mean the video where the highest hp was 180.77hp and the speed hit 160 or so.

That's a fair bit shy of your claim of an unrestricted ECU that lets you achieve 230hp...there are a fair number of VMAXs putting out 200hp on the dyno but, unless you're going to claim that your 230hp is an 'at the crank' number, then you're still about 30hp shy.

Still don't know what ECU you're talking about.

Latest posts

Back