Is the shift lever adjustable?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVxNitemare

Reaction score
Just bought the 2005 Vmax, however I have big feet. Seems I really have to angle my foot to change the gears up, was wondering is it adjustable, and if so what is the stock setting? Want to make sure that it's not adjusted already for the previous owner. Thanks,

Ron

Yes, look at the linkage at the shifter. Loosen the nut on each end and use the twist rod to adjust it either up or down.

simple as I thought. Just wanted to be sure. Any ideas on a good starting point for the shifter in reference to the pegs? little higher, same level? I take a size 13.

I did the same aas KJ, lowered it to get a positive feel for upshifts. I wear size 12 boot. Here is a picture of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_2768.jpg
    IMG_2768.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 96
i only wear a size 10, but lowering definitly makes the shifts feel more positive!

I'm 10.5 and haven't touched it, but then again, on an '86 it's prolly been adjusted 100 times already :biglaugh:

Feels pretty good where it is to me, I just wish it wasn't bent in like most of them are! :confused2:

Just don't do what I did, and move the housing's position on the shaft, like with every other bike I ever had. I made mine jump out of gear and I thought my "new" bike had a toasted tranny.

Sheesh I AM the bad example around here, aren't I? :confused2:

nah Jenn, you're the GREAT example to all them non-riding wifes and gfs...

We need need more like you around here - feels too much like a sausagefest most of the time!

*ducking*

:rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

Ok cool, the pic really helped. Mine is about 3/4 inch lower than the pegs, makes it really awkward feeling on the foot. This forum is great. I'm really glad I bought a Vmax and joined this forum. nice to own an ICON. :)

Everyone has different flexibilty in there left ankle, Adjust sit on the bike, make motor noises with your mouth and shift n to 1st 1st to 2nd to you achieve the most comofrtable feel...

VERY IMPORTANT to make the motor sounds with your mouth during the adjustment if not it will prematurely wear out the muffler bearing

Latest posts

Back