Is there a "How To" for the displaced o-ring in the sump fix?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krohsis

Reaction score
I've been reading the content on the site and came across this issue.

Being new to the Vmax world, I was unaware of this potential problem and it seems like a good thing to get squared away. When I checked the How To section I didn't find anything there for a guide on doing this fix. Did I miss it, or is there another place online that has the procedure spelled out? Can it be done with the motor in place?

I would like to do a review before getting into the guts of the machine.

I didn't find anything on YouTube either.

thanks

I've been reading the content on the site and came across this issue.

Being new to the Vmax world, I was unaware of this potential problem and it seems like a good thing to get squared away. When I checked the How To section I didn't find anything there for a guide on doing this fix. Did I miss it, or is there another place online that has the procedure spelled out? Can it be done with the motor in place?

I would like to do a review before getting into the guts of the machine.

I didn't find anything on YouTube either.

thanks
Oh yes there is! Its called the "Popper stopper fix". Use the search tool here.
Bet Sean can fix you up with the parts, might as well do the oil pump
mod while your down under.

Thanks for the link to the procedure.

A second question, can you see if the o-ring is bulging without taking the pan off with a thin mirror or one of those cheap pipe inspection cameras for your phone looking through the oil drain plug?

Thanks for the link to the procedure.

A second question, can you see if the o-ring is bulging without taking the pan off with a thin mirror or one of those cheap pipe inspection cameras for your phone looking through the oil drain plug?
You can try a camera through drain hole, not sure (depending on size) if you can bend 90° and work way forward to that area? I think it would be easier to just test your oil pressure with a gauge by removing the main galley plug. Should be about 10 psi per 1000 rpm if memory serves.

Mark

Latest posts

Back