Is there a right and left rear shock or are they the same

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juansvmax

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if the rear shocks are specific to right and left or are they the same shock and can go on either side? I took them off to paint and now I don't know which way they go. :( please help

Thanks guys. Having a bad handling issue. Took off rear and front of bike to paint and do head bearings. Now bike handle strange and can't figure out. Think it has to do with air cross over. Forks feel rough. Like always on rough road. And when on rough road bike shakes crazy and is hard to control. Travel of forks has not changed from before. And head bearings seem adjusted correct or damn close. It's my only mode of transport right
Now and I'm scared of dropping it with wife on back when bringing her to work.

Didn't take forks apart but they did leak a small amount fluid out one side of air crossover tube. About a 5" puddle on floor. Did bounce test and adjusted 8 times now hoping I just didn't have it right. Bounce seems perfect every time. No trouble with wander till I hit bump or rough road. Could it be that small amount fluid?

It could be....because lets face it....you dont know if the forks were low...or barely low to start with.

What year is the Vmax?

Well the fluid needs to be changed then..and Sean talks about how much to put in, in his video.

It could be....because lets face it....you dont know if the forks were low...or barely low to start with.

What year is the Vmax?
+ 1 change the fluid fork oil is just like brake, clutch fluid engine oil etc . It needs to be changed it does not last forever. This is one of the biggest problems I see on bikes is people change there oil & think that is maintenance & never do anything else. There is a lot more to maintenance on a bike than changing oil. Just my 2 cents

Back