Is this a good idea?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethrobolas

Reaction score
Anyone hear of the “New Way Foreword” act? Chuy Garcia of Illinois has a sugarcoated cliff notes of the bill in circulation since November.
How come we haven’t heard anything about this on the “main stream media”?
Guess the public reaction to the “green new deal” wasn’t as warm as the left had hoped, so better to keep this on the down low.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjoh...r.com/bennyjohnson/status/1225610404325478400

Why do so many democrats hate our country? Anybody here care to try and defend this?

While I think that this has merit to discuss, we've seen in the recent past that political 'discussions' here create a lot of hard feelings among the members. Yes, it's important to be aware of pending legislation, and there are many forums devoted to political topics. I'd rather see the forum be devoted to our bikes, and direct the political topics to those (other) sites where people can post to their heart's content.

If I need to get parts or advisement on fixing something, I really don't care if my resource has the opposite political view to mine, and furthermore, I don't want to-know.

Yes the Burn-Out Pit is supposed to be for 'all-other topics, anything-goes,' but taken with a grain of salt, let's not see the site end-up in another adversarial sh__-storm because people have differing political views. Name-calling, vehement insults and resulting enmity accomplish absolutely-nothing, and these types of topics quickly devolve into that behavior.

This is a site about and for promotion of a specific brand and model of motorcycle, could people please consider taking their political posts to a site where that is the main topic of interest, and allow us who post here to have a reasonable expectation of content devoted to the primary purpose for-which it was created?

"Make motorcycling great again"

Last edited:
While I think that this has merit to discuss, we've seen in the recent past that political 'discussions' here create a lot of hard feelings among the members. Yes, it's important to be aware of pending legislation, and there are many forums devoted to political topics. I'd rather see the forum be devoted to our bikes, and direct the political topics to those (other) sites where people can post to their heart's content.

If I need to get parts or advisement on fixing something, I really don't care if my resource has the opposite political view to mine, and furthermore, I don't want to-know.

Yes the Burn-Out Pit is supposed to be for 'all-other topics, anything-goes,' but taken with a grain of salt, let's not see the site end-up in another adversarial sh__-storm because people have differing political views. Name-calling, vehement insults and resulting enmity accomplish absolutely-nothing, and these types of topics quickly devolve into that behavior.

This is a site about and for promotion of a specific brand and model of motorcycle, could people please consider taking their political posts to a site where that is the main topic of interest, and allow us who post here to have a reasonable expectation of content devoted to the primary purpose for-which it was created?

While I agree the subject may be difficult to discuss without emotion (to a degree), the fact remains our beloved passion is directly in the crosshairs of a certain political party. I don’t care how anyone tries to spin it, we are “carbon emitters” exasperating “climate change” with our bikes. The left is expressly against what we do.
I suppose we could refrain from bickering and I can just plop some informational videos here for members to reflect upon.
This is a full lecture. Americans should give it a listen. If someone feels there if false or misleading information contained in the video, please feel free to chime in and educate me, as my (brief) fact-checking found no holes in Dinesh’s presentation.

Last edited:
While I agree the subject may be difficult to discuss without emotion (to a degree), the fact remains our beloved passion is directly in the crosshairs of a certain political party. I don’t care how anyone tries to spin it, we are “carbon emitters” exasperating “climate change” with our bikes. The left is expressly against what we do.
I suppose we could refrain from bickering and I can just plop some informational videos here for members to reflect upon.
This is a full lecture. Americans should give it a listen. If someone feels there if false or misleading information contained in the video, please feel free to chime in and educate me, as my (brief) fact-checking found no holes in Dinesh’s presentation.

In my opinion D'Souza is a politcal hack and troll. He specialzes in half truths and revisionist history.

The following is copied from part of an article on D'Souza:

It can be difficult, even for conservatives, to defend D’Souza and other conservative intellectuals like Charles Murray (who has claimed that genetics can explain inequalities between races), Jordan Peterson (who once said that feminists have “an unconscious wish for brutal male domination”), and Ann Coulter (who wants to keep the immigrants out). One way is to skirt the substance of their arguments and turn them into free speech warriors engaged in the fight against liberal intolerance. D’Souza is an example of this dynamic at its most extreme, a pure tribal totem, and his pardon is expected to play well with Trump’s base in the conservative media.

The conservative defense of free speech disguises the fact that these thinkers are invested in protecting the status quo. And it is difficult for a defense of power to be truly contrarian; it is certainly not “iconoclastic,” as commentators like Bari Weiss have argued. To maintain the fiction that intellectual curiosity, and not reactionary sentiment, informs their arguments, conservatives gravitate toward what they believe to be the trappings of serious thinking: bow ties, purple prose, name-dropping. D’Souza, as usual, provides an extreme example. His former employer, The King’s College, adopted a European-style house system, where students can join the House of Margaret Thatcher or the House of Ronald Reagan, among other options. It also offers a politics, philosophy, and economics degree modeled in part after Oxford University’s famous program. (Alas for D’Souza, he was fired once his extramarital affair became public, one of the first indications his conservatism was something of an act.)

Conservatives are deeply invested in these fictions. For Biblical literalists, there’s creationism, which pretends to be science. The Christian owners of Hobby Lobby paid shoddy archeologists to create a Christian nation that doesn’t exist. Love journalism but hate the lugenpresse? There’s Breitbart or Fox News or Townhall. Want a college degree without the liberalism? Hillsdale College awaits your application. And if you’d like to disguise your appreciation for Ayn Rand with an intellectual veneer, you’re in luck: The gospel of supply-side economics could always use a few true believers.

There is an intellectual dark web in the sense that conservatives have constructed alternative institutions, economic theories, and thought leaders to fight egalitarianism. And it’s working: Trump is president, the GOP controls Congress, and Democrats are still scrambling to make up deficits in state legislatures and governors’ mansions. Granted, conservative ideas don’t necessarily enjoy the support of public opinion. Most Americans don’t want to ban abortion. Most support higher taxes on the rich. Most support government-provided health care. But conservatives are driven by other forces—resentment and racial anxiety, to name two—and that’s where “iconoclasts” like D’Souza come in. He is a propagandist, charged with the twin responsibilities of energizing the right-wing base and converting new recruits to its cause.

Liberals aren’t without their own scam artists, as the proliferation of #TrumpRussia mythologists proves. But grifters aren’t equally pernicious, and we know now that some grifters are more powerful than others. The president backs Dinesh D’Souza, and he did so because he sees something of himself in this professional troll. Both feed off resentment and fear. Both made a political career off conspiracy theories. Neither is interested in solving real social problems. They’re political creatures, all aesthetics and no substance.

Originally a purveyor of manicured lies, D’Souza became a purveyor of rowdier, laughably obvious lies. That trajectory, once launched, set him inevitably on a course to join Donald Trump. Their alliance is reflected in the conservative movement’s alliance with the GOP. If it has always been Trump’s party, it was always D’Souza’s movement.

Anyone hear of the “New Way Foreword” act? Chuy Garcia of Illinois has a sugarcoated cliff notes of the bill in circulation since November.
How come we haven’t heard anything about this on the “main stream media”?
Guess the public reaction to the “green new deal” wasn’t as warm as the left had hoped, so better to keep this on the down low.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1225610404325478400?ref_url=https://thumpertalk.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1225610404325478400 Thank you, I will pass this along to all like-minded patriot American's who share my belief that these "people" are homegrown domestic terrorist's, protected by P.C., mainstream media and the thought police indoctrinated by our university''s.

Why do so many democrats hate our country? Anybody here care to try and defend this?

OK, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, "enough!" This is a website about a motorcycle built in a foreign country, which seventy-nine years ago pulled-off a brazen sneak-attack killing nearly 3,000 American soldiers, and which threw the USA into a war which cost nearly three-hundred thousand American soldiers' lives. At the time, a certain political party was preaching "Isolationism." "It's Europe's problem, if the Chancellor of Germany wants to invade Poland, France, Austria, and the Benelux countries, we don't want to get-involved." The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Neville Chamberlain, proclaimed that Hitler would be satisfied with his conquests to that time, that he would leave the United Kingdom alone, and that we had secured "peace in our time." Then the Blitzkreig against the United Kingdom started, as Germany relied on the Molotov-von Ribbentropp Pact with Stalin and the USSR to delay any involvement in another war front, a pact which he broke, and invaded Stalin's USSR (Operation Barbarossa).

Prior to the beginning of WW II, FDR (that would be Franklin Delano Roosevelt (D)) reading the writing on the wall, began to ramp-up the incredible industrial might of the USA. He began the Lend-Lease program, where he gave Poland, the United Kingdom, Australia, the USSR, and France war material, tooling, and finished products including over 130,000 Harley-Davidson and Indian motorcycles; planes, and ships to prepare for the upcoming conflict. Lend-Lease didn't demand payment before delivery, they gave the goods to these countries for future payment, because the POTUS realized what had to be done, for our allies to prepare for what was imminent. Of course there were still those isolationists in Congress who tried to prevent the aid from being given. Nevertheless, a total of fifty billion dollars in aid was provided to our allies, payment deferred. Historians believe that without the aid being given when it was that the United Kingdom would have had to sue for peace, and WW II would have ended quickly on the European front. Hitler's expansionist ambitions probably would have re-ignited the war if the U.K. had been able to temporarily-stop the war by suing for peace.

In Asia, Japan pushed quickly across the Pacific Ocean, into mainland China, and southeast Asia, and threatened the northern coast of Australia. The Philippines fell, and General Douglas Macarthur made his famous statement, "I shall return." He did. American and Australian forces fought their way back-across the Pacific, towards Japan, and while the USA was preparing for an invasion of Japan, estimated to soon-cost hundreds of thousands of American soldiers' lives (estimates were up-to one million USA soldiers would die), a B-29 bomber named after the pilot's mother who lived in Miami FL dropped a single bomb on a city which so-far had escaped being bombed by Allied airstrikes. The bomb was the second of its kind, a marvel of physics and intensive engineering, which had only been tested once before, a scant three weeks prior, and the flash of light it produced was able to be seen hundreds of miles away. The destruction it caused was determined to be a success, and two-more explosive devices were prepared and shipped to Tinian island in the Pacific Ocean, at great cost to the Allied war effort https://www.atomicheritage.org/history/uss-indianapolis . On August 6, 1945, Hiroshima Japan had its second sunrise, as Little Boy turned Hiroshima into the first atomic target of a populated area. The city had been spared from Allied bombing so that the power of the new weapon could be evaluated.

Three days later a second device using the same principles of physics but a different design, nicknamed Fat Man and dropped by another B-29, exploded above Nagasaki, its effect was more-destructive than the first bomb. The Emperor of Japan announced that the war was over, even as military leaders assembled the troops for the expected invasion of the Japanese Archipelago. It would have taken weeks for the USA to build and to transport another explosive device, more were "in the pipeline," but time would have-to pass. However, the Emperor had spoken to the country, and WW II was over.

The composition of the US Congress in both houses was majority Democrat, and the POTUS was held by a Democrat from before the start of WW II until after the war was concluded.

The WW II enemy in the Pacific? Thanks to the Marshall Plan and the adoption of ideas like Total Quality Management, Edward Deming's industrial management package, Japan developed an economy where they took-in raw materials, and turned-out goods eagerly-bought by the rest of the world. Our bitter enemy became a valued trading partner, and we have our Generation I and II VMax'es to ride. Thank God for the USA, its industrial might, and its ability to extend helping hands around the world, even when it involves those who a short while before were our enemies.

Harry Truman served as Vice-President under Franklin Roosevelt, and he succeeded him in 1945. It was Truman who saw the surrender of the Third Reich, and the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy. It was Truman's decision to use the atomic bombs at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It was Truman's decision to implement the Marshall Plan, offering a helping hand to our former enemies among others, to rebuild their countries, and to prevent starvation of conquered peoples. Harry Truman was a Democrat. He famously had a sign on his desk, and it read, "The Buck Stops Here." No blaming the opposition when things happen, no accusing the media of collusion against him, no fictitious "deep state" working behind the scenes to destroy his work did he bemoan. He once said, "I could never admire a man whose only interest is himself." Words still appropriate today.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/fdr-introduces-the-lend-lease-program

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122591119

https://static.businessinsider.com/image/5385f5ca69bedd787513aa57/image.jpg

Let's leave politics on the probably thousands of websites where that is the main draw and interest, and spend our time helping each other to appreciate our shared motorcycle of choice, in all the ways that we can all benefit from the collective knowledge we each contribute to make the whole. Avoid the gumption traps, on this forum I believe that politics can-be and is a gumption trap. I think we'll all be happier for it.

Last edited:
OK, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, "enough!" This is a website about a motorcycle built in a foreign country, which seventy-nine years ago pulled-off a brazen sneak-attack killing nearly 3,000 American soldiers, and which threw the USA into a war which cost nearly three-hundred thousand American soldiers' lives. At the time, a certain political party was preaching "Isolationism." "It's Europe's problem, if the Chancellor of Germany wants to invade Poland, France, Austria, and the Benelux countries, we don't want to get-involved." The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Neville Chamberlain, proclaimed that Hitler would be satisfied with his conquests to that time, that he would leave the United Kingdom alone, and that we had secured "peace in our time." Then the Blitzkreig against the United Kingdom started, as Germany relied on the von Ribbentropp Pact with Stalin and the USSR to delay any involvement in another war front, a pact which he broke, and invaded Stalin's USSR.

Prior to the beginning of WW II, FDR (that would be Franklin Delano Roosevelt (D)) reading the writing on the wall, began to ramp-up the incredible industrial might of the USA. He began the Lend-Lease program, where he gave Poland, the United Kingdom, Australia, the USSR, and France war material, tooling, and finished products including over 130,000 Harley-Davidson and Indian motorcycles; planes, and ships to prepare for the upcoming conflict. Lend-Lease didn't demand payment before delivery, they gave the goods to these countries for future payment, because the POTUS realized what had to be done, for our allies to prepare for what was imminent. Of course there were still those isolationists in Congress who tried to prevent the aid from being given. Nevertheless, a total of fifty billion dollars in aid was provided to our allies, payment deferred. Historians believe that without the aid being given when it was that the United Kingdom would have had to sue for peace, and WW II would have ended quickly on the European front. Hitler's expansionist ambitions probably would have re-ignited the war if the U.K. had been able to temporarily-stop the war by suing for peace.

In Asia, Japan pushed quickly across the Pacific Ocean, into mainland China, and southeast Asia, and threatened the northern coast of Australia. The Philippines fell, and General Douglas Macarthur made his famous statement, "I shall return." He did. American and Australian forces fought their way back-across the Pacific, towards Japan, and while the USA was preparing for an invasion of Japan, estimated to soon-cost hundreds of thousands of American soldiers' lives (estimates were up-to one million USA soldiers would die), a B-29 bomber named after the pilot's mother who lived in Miami FL dropped a single bomb on a city which so-far had escaped being bombed by Allied airstrikes. The bomb was the second of its kind, a marvel of physics and intensive engineering, which had only been tested once before, a scant three weeks prior, and the flash of light it produced was able to be seen hundreds of miles away. The destruction it caused was determined to be a success, and two-more explosive devices were prepared and shipped to Tinian island in the Pacific Ocean, at great cost to the Allied war effort https://www.atomicheritage.org/history/uss-indianapolis . On August 6, 1945, Hiroshima Japan had its second sunrise, as Little Boy turned Hiroshima into the first atomic target of a populated area. The city had been spared from Allied bombing so that the power of the new weapon could be evaluated.

Three days later a second device using the same principles of physics but a different design, nicknamed Fat Man and dropped by another B-29, exploded above Nagasaki, its effect was more-destructive than the first bomb. The Emperor of Japan announced that the war was over, even as military leaders assembled the troops for the expected invasion of the Japanese Archipelago. It would have taken weeks for the USA to build and to transport another explosive device, more were "in the pipeline," but time would have-to pass. However, the Emperor had spoken to the country, and WW II was over.

The composition of the US Congress in both houses was majority Democrat, and the POTUS was held by a Democrat from before the start of WW II until after the war was concluded.

The WW II enemy in the Pacific? Thanks to the Marshall Plan and the adoption of ideas like Total Quality Management, Edward Deming's industrial management package, Japan developed an economy where they took-in raw materials, and turned-out goods eagerly-bought by the rest of the world. Our bitter enemy became a valued trading partner, and we have our Generation I and II VMax'es to ride. Thank God for the USA, its industrial might, and its ability to extend helping hands around the world, even when it involves those who a short while before were our enemies.

Harry Truman served as Vice-President under Franklin Roosevelt, and he succeeded him in 1945. It was Truman who saw the surrender of the Third Reich, and the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy. It was Truman's decision to use the atomic bombs at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It was Truman's decision to implement the Marshall Plan, offering a helping hand to our former enemies among others, to rebuild their countries, and to prevent starvation of conquered peoples. Harry Truman was a Democrat. He famously had a sign on his desk, and it read, "The Buck Stops Here." No blaming the opposition when things happen, no accusing the media of collusion against him, no fictitious "deep state" working behind the scenes to destroy his work did he bemoan. He once said, "I could never admire a man whose only interest is himself." Words still appropriate today.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/fdr-introduces-the-lend-lease-program

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122591119

https://static.businessinsider.com/image/5385f5ca69bedd787513aa57/image.jpg

Let's leave politics on the probably thousands of websites where that is the main draw and interest, and spend our time helping each other to appreciate our shared motorcycle of choice, in all the ways that we can all benefit from the collective knowledge we each contribute to make the whole. Avoid the gumption traps, on this forum I believe that politics can-be and is a gumption trap. I think we'll all be happier for it.
To say Enough! Then write a fricken book making your point? How and why is your's anymore important than jethrobola's here on this forum or anywhere else for that matter???

I felt compelled to answer....but if this stuff heats up again - I'm gone from the site (that will make more than a few happy I'm sure).

As Fire-medic said there is no shortage of websites where you can participate in political back and forth. We don't need it here.

There are demagogues in all parties that only seek to divide this country.

Unfortunately no one can deny our current President is one of them. He can't go a single day with tweeting an insult at someone who disagrees with him.

We should try to seek some middle ground away from the extremes on both sides. The Constitution is IMO beingng abused by BOTH sides of the aisle.

To me some of the most important words ever written were in the Declaration of Independence, "All men are created equal".

That's a great starting point for everything else to be considered going forward in this great country of ours.

Last edited:
I felt compelled to answer....but if this stuff heats up again - I'm gone from the site (that will make more than a few happy I'm sure).

As Fire-medic said there is no shortage of websites where you can participate in political back and forth. We don't need it here.

There are demagogues in all parties that only seek to divide this country.

Unfortunately no one can deny our current President is one of them. He can't go a single day with tweeting an insult at someone who disagrees with him.

We should try to seek some middle ground away from the extremes on both sides. The Constitution is IMO beingng abused by BOTH sides of the aisle.

To me some of the most important words ever written were in the Declaration of Independence, "All men are created equal".

That's a great starting point for everything else to be considered going forward in this great country of ours.

Don't go away Brother Itgoes!

You are one of the folks that I remember from the Star Max site, you always have informative & helpful info on here regarding VMax motorcycles.

I enjoy this site as it has the most information about VMax motorcycles that I can find online right now. However..... I miss the Star Max site. There was a Ton more info on that site regarding our bikes. I have already read thru just about everything on this site that interests me. I was active on the other site for about a year and I don't remember ever running out of new VMax info (new to me) that I could read about.

Life "IS" Good!!

In my opinion D'Souza is a politcal hack and troll. He specialzes in half truths and revisionist history.

The following is copied from part of an article on D'Souza:

It can be difficult, even for conservatives, to defend D’Souza and other conservative intellectuals like Charles Murray (who has claimed that genetics can explain inequalities between races), Jordan Peterson (who once said that feminists have “an unconscious wish for brutal male domination”), and Ann Coulter (who wants to keep the immigrants out). One way is to skirt the substance of their arguments and turn them into free speech warriors engaged in the fight against liberal intolerance. D’Souza is an example of this dynamic at its most extreme, a pure tribal totem, and his pardon is expected to play well with Trump’s base in the conservative media.

The conservative defense of free speech disguises the fact that these thinkers are invested in protecting the status quo. And it is difficult for a defense of power to be truly contrarian; it is certainly not “iconoclastic,” as commentators like Bari Weiss have argued. To maintain the fiction that intellectual curiosity, and not reactionary sentiment, informs their arguments, conservatives gravitate toward what they believe to be the trappings of serious thinking: bow ties, purple prose, name-dropping. D’Souza, as usual, provides an extreme example. His former employer, The King’s College, adopted a European-style house system, where students can join the House of Margaret Thatcher or the House of Ronald Reagan, among other options. It also offers a politics, philosophy, and economics degree modeled in part after Oxford University’s famous program. (Alas for D’Souza, he was fired once his extramarital affair became public, one of the first indications his conservatism was something of an act.)

Conservatives are deeply invested in these fictions. For Biblical literalists, there’s creationism, which pretends to be science. The Christian owners of Hobby Lobby paid shoddy archeologists to create a Christian nation that doesn’t exist. Love journalism but hate the lugenpresse? There’s Breitbart or Fox News or Townhall. Want a college degree without the liberalism? Hillsdale College awaits your application. And if you’d like to disguise your appreciation for Ayn Rand with an intellectual veneer, you’re in luck: The gospel of supply-side economics could always use a few true believers.

There is an intellectual dark web in the sense that conservatives have constructed alternative institutions, economic theories, and thought leaders to fight egalitarianism. And it’s working: Trump is president, the GOP controls Congress, and Democrats are still scrambling to make up deficits in state legislatures and governors’ mansions. Granted, conservative ideas don’t necessarily enjoy the support of public opinion. Most Americans don’t want to ban abortion. Most support higher taxes on the rich. Most support government-provided health care. But conservatives are driven by other forces—resentment and racial anxiety, to name two—and that’s where “iconoclasts” like D’Souza come in. He is a propagandist, charged with the twin responsibilities of energizing the right-wing base and converting new recruits to its cause.

Liberals aren’t without their own scam artists, as the proliferation of #TrumpRussia mythologists proves. But grifters aren’t equally pernicious, and we know now that some grifters are more powerful than others. The president backs Dinesh D’Souza, and he did so because he sees something of himself in this professional troll. Both feed off resentment and fear. Both made a political career off conspiracy theories. Neither is interested in solving real social problems. They’re political creatures, all aesthetics and no substance.

Originally a purveyor of manicured lies, D’Souza became a purveyor of rowdier, laughably obvious lies. That trajectory, once launched, set him inevitably on a course to join Donald Trump. Their alliance is reflected in the conservative movement’s alliance with the GOP. If it has always been Trump’s party, it was always D’Souza’s movement.

So, you have nothing but a generalized cut and paste.
Can you actually find errors in the speech I posted, or is “orange man bad” your only retort?
If you are a US citizen (I don’t know you), are you seriously considering voting for a socialist?

Last edited:
Anyone know how-to deal with a puddle of brake fluid I found under the left-middle of my engine? And, my clutch lever is coming-back almost to the handlebar before I feel any pressure/resistance.

Last edited:
OH Star Max site. Please come back to me.

But seriously...

We are in very lucky time and situation. Different views just mean we are in different places. Eventually there is only one truth. Everything in the middle just separates us. I'm thankful every day for what we have. And my bike is the icing.

Anyone know how-to deal with a puddle of brake fluid I found under the left-middle of my engine? And, my clutch lever is coming-back almost to the handlebar before I feel any pressure/resistance.
Sounds like your clutch slave cylinder is leaking, I tried the diaphragm replacement, still leaked, so I replaced the whole item. Old age corrosion. Then bleed it. Do not forget to have a copper washer for the middle gear cover if flipping the old one over does not work.

redbaron 13, KSRider12, riderboy1961, jethrobolas, gentsvmax, thank-you all for devoting your time to posting about our bikes, modifications, bike problems, solutions, experiences, and general motorcycling topics. That's what I expect to-find when I arrive here with a few mouse-clicks and a bit of keyboard work. Please pardon the oil on the keys, or the brake fluid, grease, or gasoline, I may-not have cleaned-up well-enough to prevent that from happening, before logging-in.

Last edited:
redbaron 13, KSRider12, riderboy1961, jethrobolas, gentsvmax, thank-you all for devoting your time to posting about our bikes, modifications, bike problems, solutions, experiences, and general motorcycling topics. That's what I expect to-find when I arrive here with a few mouse-clicks and a bit of keyboard work. Please pardon the oil on the keys, or the brake fluid, grease, or gasoline, I may-not have cleaned-up well-enough to prevent that from happening, before logging-in.

Wow, for someone who may have the most non-bike related threads on the site, you sure seem determined to be sure and try and railroad one of the few if not first non-bike threads I started. Thanks for your input.
Here, let me stroke you a bit. Riding the Connie (tall, wide, heavy, fat ninja with bags) has made me much more comfortable on my max. I can now spin the max 180 in the garage from one foot like a motorcrosser. Now, back on topic.
Are you a socialist, medic? Do you think intersectional politics is a good way foreword? Serious question, no more hiding behind the intermittent keyboard filibuster. If you are going to hang out, please participate in a meaningful manner.
Remember, I’ve never wandered into one of your threads just to be a distraction. I’m beginning to find it disrespectful, although I admit I have no meaningful recourse aside from calling you out on it.

Itgoes pasted an article that also mentioned Dr Jordan Peterson. If some of you have not heard him speak, you may find him an interesting person. Here is a snippet of his work.

He also has an amazing series on the Bible, but if you aren’t familiar with his work, the biblical series may take you by suprise. Especially if you consider yourself an atheist. No “bible thumping”, it’s a completely different discussion. Here’s a couple hours on the book of Genisis.

This guy isn’t some personality or hack. One of the great, if not greatest, minds of our time. I dare you to give either one of these videos 15 minutes if you’ve never heard him speak.

Last edited:
What kind of oil should I be using? I can buy Pennzoil 10W-30 pretty-cheap, but someone said something about Shell Rotella?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back