Is this a lowering trick?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys what jack do you recommend for my 16 that has been decated and an Akra mid pipe installed? Don't think my Pittsburgh from Harbor Freight will work like on my Raider since no framework to use on the Max.

Did not want the readers tp think i was full of crap so i found it in my history . It was 2019 but i thought i paid less than 50$ lol ,it'll still be a wise choice for any Vmax owner !

Attachments

• IMG_20210313_203039740_HDR (1).jpg
    IMG_20210313_203039740_HDR (1).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 18
Did not want the readers tp think i was full of crap so i found it in my history . It was 2019 but i thought i paid less than 50$ lol ,it'll still be a wise choice for any Vmax owner !
I didn't think you were full of it. I just couldn't find that one LOL. The one I bought looks the same just in 🍊
BTW, is the bike in your pics a 2nd gen VMax? Looks like some wild chrome stuff happening under the swingarm there.Screenshot_20210314-084230_Samsung Internet.jpg

LOL that's my 1988 and was my first 😍 about 15K later i had to buy a black one that i could actually ride and not just polish, i started all innocent polishing the aluminum then found chrome was just easier to keep polished.

I just recently bought one of those types of jack after reading people talk about them, it came friday and I put it straight into action on my friends BT1100, I'm doing his fork seals, it's a good tool and only £21.85

DSC03307.JPG

@JT ^^^ that looks handy - I would improvise with a trolley jack, lumps of wood and axle stands.... but that may be a better/much safer option.

Was it bought new, if so, from where? - and does it have central supports and hex end on the screw for rapid lifting/lowering with a cordless drill?

I got it from here
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1100lbs-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
it has a hex fitment but has a handle too, you can raise and lower it with ease, that bike is still on it and the stand has not moved, it's great as you can adjust the height to exact positions to enable the spindle holes to be inline without having to lift the wheel, not sure how it would be without a centre stand though

wow I just noticed the price has gone way up, mine was just half that price, there are other ones the same that are still cheaper

Back