is this normal (indicator bracket/bar clamp) colour difference?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02GF74

Reaction score
I manage to buy the 3 peieces that comprise the indicator bracket/riser and and bar clamp with the intention of having them painted/powder coated in black because my original indicator bracket was badly corroded (so I replainted it and it does not match the rest).

I originally thought these were anodised but I think that are painted and then laquere? Looking closely, the indicator backet is slightly different colour to the rest - is that normal or do I have a mismatched set? (the photo of the underside shows the alumimium casting is of different colour).

Regarding the models that these in black, am I correct in thinking they are painted, and what part of the bodywork do they match ? I am toying with getting the 3 pieces powder coated, possible in black chrome, any reason why not do do that?

P1010614a.jpgP1010617a.jpg
An example from ebay of 2006/7 in black (painted by the looks of it)
1613320518331.png

i'm doing black chrome on tuesday. I'll put up some pictures of a set done.

prismatic powders. i got some ultra and some regular black chrome. i was going to do some reg. tomorrow for my bike and a battery box cover for a friends sportster drag bike thing.

im kindof shopping around for powder to see if there is a difference.so far it seems to be pretty much the same as far as the generic colors go. Maybe different when speciality colors are used.

You cant go wrong with prismatic, they are super consistent in quality. I only use them these days.

I'm gonna need to check-out the prismatics next time I go to the powdercoating shop I've used in the past.

This is the answer i came up with for what i think is clear coated aluminum like triple trees. its a mix of chrome and silver powder 75/25. Its as close as i can get but at least all of it will be the same color. I'm still working on the headlight/turnsignal thing. Im having trouble getting the right luster/finish to look original. I did chrome/black chrome 80/20 and it looked right but no shine more like flat. D033DDC1-8574-408E-AB25-0E44BB37F0ED.jpeg645662C2-FA52-46D7-93D9-4B332034D6B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back