Is this the elusive BIG PIPE hindle?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
OK.

My friends dad has two max's. An 87 and an 85.
Long story short, the 85 used to belong to a buddy of his.
Through whatever events transpired, he now owns it...

When I was looking to buy a Vmax, I took a look at his 85 - as he plans on selling it. It has a NOS set up on it, drag bars, a stage 7, and I believe it used to be air shifter. The exhaust was a hindle. He told me it was harder to find - as it was bigger than the modern hindles.

I bought a 97 Vmax some time later, and it came equiped with a Hindle as well - but mine sounded NOTHING like his.

THIS is my hindle (old picture - as it has been ceramic coated recently)
user3006_pic1542_1244577758.jpg

THIS is his Hindle. Mine is 2.25 I THINK.
His is 2.5..

big.jpg
big1.jpg

SO - IS this the big Tube Hindle I have heard so much about?
The headers appear to be the same - but the tube is at least a 1/4 inch bigger than mine...

Here are just some pics of his other stuff for fun...
nos.jpg
stage7.jpg

If it's not the big tube it is certainly an awesome looking pipe:worthy:

What's with the space shuttle controls? Lets you tweak the wobble front and rear, or is it the four carbchain tensioners?

Pipe sure loox mean.

Yes, the big tube hindle is the 2.5" and sound is louder and much more throaty! I've only ever had 2 of them. I am putting a small tube hindle on the 1300 we are building with a cut down dale walker holeshot muffler. So, we will see what kind of power we can make with it choked up.

Sean

So! The big tube at last!

He won't sell the exhaust without the bike (I asked!).

The buttons are far:

1.) Killing your rear lights completely.

2.) Killing front lights completely.

3.) Turning on auto shifting. Air shifter?

4.) Turning on fan

The others on the faux tank have to do with NOS I believe.

I think he's going to be asking $4500 for the bike. I want to buy it but can't justify spending the cash.

Didn't look at the pics earlier. That is a progressive nitrous control box from what I can see. Usually gives you time delay before nitrous starts, percentage of power at startup, time to full power, Not sure about the last dial.

Sean

Latest posts

Back