Is this used swingarm and rear wheel set a good deal?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptnov

Reaction score
Hello,

I live in Sweden and I recently found a set of used swingarm and widened OEM rear wheel with brakes for 1100usd on the Swedish equivalent of craigslist.

http://www.blocket.se/lulea/V_Max_bakhjul_och_sving_46452067.htm?ca=11&w=3

My question is how do i know if these stuff are good stuff? The swingarm is a "square profile" swingarm. Is this good? Never heard of such a thing. Anything one should watch out for when buying used stuff like this?

Is this set even worth a consideration? good price?

Thanks!

One more thing will this square swingarm look wierd on a vmax? Can't imagine it on :S
And can this swingarm conversion cause any clearance problems with exhaust or anything?

A widened rear wheel goes for around $500 or so, as for the swingarm it looks like a home made unit, but it looks pretty decent from the picture. Adding it all up the wheel, tire, brake rotor, $1100 is in the ballpark. I don't think it would look too bad on a Vmax. Is it stretched or anything else? or did he use the square tube so he would have to notch the round tube.
As far as exhaust clearing issues. It would all depend on the exhaust that you here putting on or already have.
For instance, my braced swingarm didn't allow for Kerker clearance. So when I sold my trapps, I had to alter the bracing to clear the pipe.

That swing its not braced besides the square tubing. Ask him for pics of it installed on the bike. Try to talk him down on price. Bare in mind that that tire looks as new and they run for 150 bucks and it seems it comes with an extra drive shaft or even a lengthened drive shaft would be even better as the swing would have been lengthened as well which i think it was not because he is using the stock brake stay and theres no visible left shock mount welded on the swing

Latest posts

Back