• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Iso gen1 highway pegs, aftermarket seat and frame braces

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFraley

Reaction score
Thanks cant afford new at this time. Let me know what you got!

Though we do have all of this new I do have some cheaper used clamp on foot rests to clamp on stock engine guards. I have used Corbins and also a used (though new) set of weld on frame braces (no weld on tabs so you'd have to make them yourself).

I got a set of thesehttps://refinedcycle.com/HPM1-Highway-Peg-Mounts-for-Yamaha-V-max-85-07-HPM1.htm

I saw these adapters on Amazon for something like double the price. They should be about $60 IIRC. I bought mine from the vendor, and one had an issue with the powder coating fading overnight, he had a replacement to me on the double quick. I'm going to give them props for customer service too.

Old HD footpegs are almost free, CL and Ebay and you could get some basic pegs for $5 instead of all that fancy Karayakanakanyak stuff that seems terribly overweight/overpriced/overblingy for use on a real bike. I'm 6,2 so I found some of those Karayakanakanyak, or whatever the ridiculous spelling is, 3" offsets used on Ebay for pretty cheap. Put it all together and it's perfect for a taller guy. The pegs straight up on the adapters were not quite enough space for me to stretch out but it would be better than nothing and for a less tall bloke probably work perfect. I am in under $100 for all of it, including the used offsets.

PS, this setup works without the engine guards, which I dont have. Lemme know if interested and I'll see if I cant snap a pic and post it.

Back