ISO Grips on a 1st gen???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDB

Reaction score
Bought some 6241 Kuryakan ISO Grips (7/8 in). Did not come with throttle tube so I bought one and put in. Throttle side done and good. Clutch side grip is too big. I used some Gorilla Glue black Duct Tape on bar. Used Gorilla Glue superglue but did not as here to tape apparently. I'm going to try a single layer electrical tape over Gorilla Glue Duct Tape (think glue will adhere to electrical tape).

Anyone else running ISO Grips on their 1st gen Vmax? Contacted Kuryakan to see if there was an insert for clutch side but they said no and that they do NOT make any Grips for a 1st gen Vmax

I have sold many ISO grips through the years for the Vmax and keep some in stock. You will have one with a larger hole for the throttle sleeve and the other with the smaller hole for the bar left side. They include grip glue (superglue) normally and are tight even without that. If you have two large ones then it was likely incorrectly packaged.

Yep... Had to get a plastic throttle tube insert for the throttle side and lutch side is too big (must be for 1in bars). I'm going to try electrical tape over what Inhave on the bars and then glue. If that doesn't work I'm going back to what I had on there.

Really wanted the ISO-Grips for the vibration at 90mph on highway (5500 rpm is pretty hand numbing for 400+ miles)

I like the ISO Flame and the newer ISO Kenetic as well.

Attachments

• Kuryakyn Flame Left Grip.jpg
    Kuryakyn Flame Left Grip.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Kuryakyn Kinetic Grips Closeup.jpg
    Kuryakyn Kinetic Grips Closeup.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 20
Not a fan of the chrome ISO Grips. The model 6345 ISO Grips in gloss black version is not bad.

I cleaned off gorilla glue and gorilla glue Duct Tape... Applied one layer of electrical tape... More gorilla glue and works good. Inwould have preferred all black but I got these brand new in box for $30 locally. Works great for dampening vibration which is what I wanted.

Attachments

• 20210730_093128.jpg
    20210730_093128.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 9
I like the ISO Flame and the newer ISO Kenetic as well.
Sean, old post so not sure if products are current. Gen1, need new grips, stock bars. Junk grips are china/ebay... left one fits, right one too short and leaves gap by controls. I think maybe there should be a collar for gap space but not sure (I don't have it at any rate). want something comfy and a pair that will fit right. I have a throttle tube on bike but if I need to just throw that away Im good. advice please on what to get so I get everything I need first time. happy to buy from you. If you want to email back private, thats fine. Just sent you email tonight subject: Gen 1 turn and tail lights. thanks.

I do still have that stuff though pricing has really changed this year. Keep in mind that the stock grips have a chrome filler that will usually leave a gap with most aftermarket grips.

Sorry it’s been a few years since I purchased them, I’m pretty sure they were kurykan grips. Not sure if they were off Amazon or not. They were awesome grips though and they fit perfect, I’d recommend them.

I do still have that stuff though pricing has really changed this year. Keep in mind that the stock grips have a chrome filler that will usually leave a gap with most aftermark

I used these on mine and loved them.
Sorry it’s been a few years since I purchased them, I’m pretty sure they were kurykan grips. Not sure if they were off Amazon or not. They were awesome grips though and they fit perfect, I’d recommend them.
marauder03. Those look like Kury Iso in gloss black. How did u get them snug against the control housing? Did u replace the stock throttle tube?

Latest posts

Back