isr masters, 05 r1 front end, otec triples, ohlins rears

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odieoh24

Reaction score
$4000 and change, but worth every cent. hmf exhaust will be coming shortly! dont tell the ole lady what i spent this summer or i'm gonna have to figure out a way to live in it lol!! the ride is even better than i expected. once i get comfortable with the new setup underneath me, i WILL keep up with the sportbikes-even thru the twisties. phenominal doesnt even describe the difference from the stock setup. the wish list took a beating this year-and summer has just begun. i'm sure to knock a few other things off there before the winter though. thanks for looking

later odieoh24/vmoa #3611

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 51
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 44
Very nice, very nice indeed Odieoh24! Very nicely done with the top quality addons/mods as it all seems to flow together.:punk:
Looking forward to hearing how you feel the different parts are working/ what you would do different next time.
Thanks for sharing! :thumbs up:

this is the second time ive changed the front end in as many summers! i only bought the 03 cycleoneoff setup because it was 90% complete and was about the same money as the otec triple alone was at the time. i was in a rush to get the bike on radials before laconia last year and opted for the quick fix. i was extremely fortunate to come across a member from va who was trading his max for a b-king. he got tired of waiting for yamaha! he set me up with most of the parts i just installed-thanks jimmy. the shocks came from another member-thanks conan. he bought them and found it wasnt as good a deal as he thought. he's since sorted something out and will be pleasantly surprised with the improved ride in the rear! at this point i wouldnt change anything except for the stuff left on the list, over racing frame braces, solid motor mounts, notch and brace rear swingarm add rear hugger (have even tossed around the idea of the otec 250 setup), billet grips, clear diaphram covers, chrome radiator trim, full faced and shorty helmets painted to match bike, sean morley's jet kit, finish my oil cooler mod, and i'm researching a headlight mod. dont want to let the cat outta the bag on the last 2 just yet. i've pretty much got the new max with the exception of the motor. flatsides, 1500 tourmaster, or fuel injection will at least get me closer. probably could have bought 2 with what i have into this one-but this one is uniquely mine and i doubt i'll see another one just like it. thats the reason i bought my aprilia instead of an r1, cbr, or gsxr!! i'm just an old guy whose momma didnt pay enough attention to, so for me its mostly about the showin. i know for sure at some point i'll own the newer max as well-all good things in time

later odieoh24

Back